what happened to my clones ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smeg

Reaction score
hi all , so i took some clones about 2.5 weeks ago , i kept them at my house till they started to root (7-10 days) , then i took them up to my pals house because i dont like having clones and full grow together .
they have been at my mates house for 9 days now and look at them ... what the heck has he done ?
they where under a 250w grow light , in the propagater with a heat mat coming on and off every 20 mins .
IMG_1189.JPGIMG_1190.JPGIMG_1191.JPGIMG_1192.JPGIMG_1193.JPG

this has happened befor and its really sets me back
any help comments advice will be much appreciated
thanks
Smeg

dry and too hot...looks to me

i agree with hot, but not dry. looks like root rot from the increased humidity and being exposed to light for far too long. the white stuff on the RR plugs, thats no good. they should be tossed

looks like heat....and drowning to me....looks like you could have removed the dome?...and or open the air holes....Best of luck on the cloneing

:48:

It looks like those plugs are soaked. I don't like using those type of rooters because I couldn't regulate the water to the roots well enough. I drowned every clone that I tried to root in them. I bet if you pick up one and squeeze it, water will pour out, and if that happens then he drowned them. I have had my best luck cloning with this type of rooter because it holds just the right amount of moisture: hxxp://www.discount-hydro.com/products/Advanced-Nutrients-Root-Shooters.html

Having both a 250w grow light and a heat mat probably was too warm as well. I try to keep my clone space at 29c or just a degree under and then lower levels of 3000k light until they root. Once they have good roots, I lower the temps, switch to 6500k light, and increase the lumens to about half full for a few days before increasing to full lumens. That's just my method :)

No matter how wet the soil, if it gets above 85 it will damage roots.

Yep, they are rotted from the high temps, humidity and suffocation. Once mine are 10 days out and show roots, the dome is gone and the plugs go into pots. Keep em home next time.

:48:

Latest posts

Back