what is she doing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowmo77

Are you lost
Reaction score
ok i posted this in my journal but no takers there. so i figured i'd post it here.

This plant is in MG soil ( i know how many people hate this stuff) i just feed it for the first time a few days ago with bloom buster 1/4 strenght. its been in flowering for almost 3 weeks. i water as needed. when they look like they need water i water them. sometimes every 2 days some times every 3. my ph is 6.7

i thought it was over watering so i let it completely dry out untill the plant started drooping then watered. still the new growth is curling under. my temps stay around 80-85 with humitity staying around 60%. what could this be.. i tried searching for something but nothing i found was like what mine is doing. i've read all about over watering and thats what it looks like but it should have stopped spreading by now. any help would be great.

DSC01021-1.JPG

nothing? nobody knows what could be causing this?

since just after germination. i sprout in peat pellets then i put in pots. i have had problems with MG soil in the past and changed soil but i still had a few plants in it so i let them go.. i've found that aslong as you don't feed for the first 2 or 3 months your ok with MG. you just have to becareful when you do feed thats why i started with 1/4 strenght. if you wanna take alook at my grow journal it explains things a lot better.

slowmo77 said:
nothing? nobody knows what could be causing this?

"I" can't see a problem slomo...
"still the new growth is curling under."... over watering usually appears almost the same as 'under' watering.... She is exceptionally dark green in the pic. But looks just about perfect from what I can "see" there.

i have to agree with hick, from your photo the plant looks great and it doesnt sound like you started nutes too soon, sorry i cant be more help

thanks everyone. im not going to worry about it then. if you guys think it nothing then thats what i'll go with. i've also noticed the dark green whats that about. so far ever plant i've grow to any size starts out a nice fresh green but as it gets older they always turn dark green, except for a 1 sativa.

ok now she's showing a new problem. alot of the pistils are turning pink. i've seen this before, but not in this amount. could this have something to do with the dark green leaves? could it be a overdose of P?

im not expert but i have the same problem, no other signs showed untill these gnats... keep checkin your soil for fungus gnats they tend to make the leaves curl under i just looked it up cuzz i had swarms of them hatchin in my 2 buddin plants... the egg larva survives buy eating the rootsystem if you arnt overwatering, and when this is the case i notice your feeding the larva more then the plants.. the plant affected for me was half MG half compost then i got one all compost and seems its to acidy or something... i hope its not fungus gnats cuzz overnight theirs like a thousand of them..

i do have a few gnats but nothing like your. if you put 2 inches of perlite on the top of your soil it will get rid of them. or some other stuff hick recommends highly. i can never remember what its called. domo something earth. i never knew gnat larva could cause curling leaves. thanks for that bit of info. what about the pink pistils? any ideas?

hes talking about the bigger fan leaves curling inward...it looks like overwatering/heat and-or to much nutes.

the curling inward can be a sign that theres to many nutrients before they start to burn on the edge- i would water heavy the next time she needs it and discontinue any nutes until she she shows signs that she is hungry....

it could be heat the temp in my flower box stays between 80-85 but up closer to the lights im sure its a bit warm

what makes you think its to much nutes? if you don't mind tell me what you see wrong that make you think its heat,nutes, and overwatering. the curled leaves i know could mean over watering, but like i said i've let it go more than a week without water making sure it dried out and still leaves curl under. if you could explain this to me it would be great..

yeah no problem, gnats cause the leafs curl under when the larva starts to feast off the root system if i remember readin right... keep eye on them all i had was one or two flying around then about week or two lata their in theyre lke crazy...

I have never heard of pink pistals being a problem. Has it never shown up in this strain before? If not, it may be that beautiful pheno you've been looking for. Maybe someone will have something diff. to say, but I see no problem with pink pistals.

i just wanna make sure its not a nute dif of any kind, i've had it a few times before but never to the extreme it is on this plant.

Latest posts

Back