What is the best?

• Thread starter ^_^ Smokey Da Bear ^_^
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

^_^ Smokey Da Bear ^_^

I am looking to purchase a NEW more powerful lighting system. What would you say is the best one is for a closet 67" long 22" wide, wall to closet sliding doors, and 68" tall? Help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I'd use a 400 watt lamp, but it's hard to tell you exactly what to use, because we don't know how much heat will be generated in your closet from whatever light you decide to put in it. However, it seems like your closet is small and therefore you can't put a light in it that is too hot. If you don't have proper ventilation, even a 400 watt lamp can over-heat your closet.

Fluorescent lights are nice, because they don't get near as hot as HIDs and you can bring them in close to your plants. Unless your closet can't handle the heat, it is advised to use HPS for flowering. However, you can get nice buds using only fluorescent bulbs, but the buds won't be as big, or as numerous.

i have a 3x4 ft closet that i have a 400w in and the temp sits right at 78. Im going to be adding another one as well. its all about the temp. if you could get the right temp with a 1000w in a small closet then you could use that. it just depends.

BudsBuds said:
i have a 3x4 ft closet that i have a 400w in and the temp sits right at 78. Im going to be adding another one as well. its all about the temp. if you could get the right temp with a 1000w in a small closet then you could use that. it just depends.
you nailed it !!! if you can keep the heat under control, slam every watt you can in there...i had a 6x4x7 with a 1000w in there and i could have used another one..cooltubes rule because of there size and the air coolness thingy they do...lolol i'm high...but i digress,....cram light in there until it gets too hot

check out the lumatek 1000w digital "switchable" light kits with cooltube for $399 at HYDROWHOLESALE.COM

BudsBuds said:
I would get some t5 flouro's for veg. The get ONE 400w HPS system for flower.
i too would strongly recommend at least (neato ! theres a fire in my kitchen) 500w worth of T5's your veg time will be about 3 weeks from seed;)

Being 67" long I would use 2 400 side by side for more even light coverage.

Also get 2 narrow reflectors to shine that light straight down.

Latest posts

Back