What Movie Are You Watching Tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am on a quest to own and watch every clint eastwood movie ever made. Last night we watched Hang em High and before that we watched tightrope...that wasnt so great.

I'm a big Clint fan myself, all of the spaghetti westerns are the bomb.
A fistful of dollars was a scene-by-scene remake of Yohimbo, starring Toshiro Mifune, one of the best movies ever made.
Samurai instead of Cowboys! Swords instead of guns(mostly). If ya haven't seen it, watch it!:D

Peace

GreenLantern7 said:
I'm a big Clint fan myself, all of the spaghetti westerns are the bomb.
A fistful of dollars was a scene-by-scene remake of Yohimbo, starring Toshiro Mifune, one of the best movies ever made.
Samurai instead of Cowboys! Swords instead of guns(mostly). If ya haven't seen it, watch it!:D

Peace

I have seen it!!! my favorites are Eiger Sanction, the good bad and ugly, outlaw josse wales....dirty harry to many to list

his most recent one gran turino was the bomb clint gets better with age!!

Gotta see Gran Torino, Pale Rider is good too.

My Clint faves are in order:
1)G,B,&U
2)A Fistfull of Dollars
3)Hang em High
4)Pale Rider
5)The Gauntlet
6)Play Misty For Me
7)Two Mules for Sister Sara (j/k,lol)

My personal Clint favorite I believe not listed is Unforgiven.

Especially his coal black eyes looking down the barrel of his rifle when he blows Gene Hackmans head off.

Gene Hackman: "I don't deserve to die like this. I'm building a house."

Clint: "Deserves got nothin' to do with it."

Gene Hackman: "See you in hell William Munny."

Clint: "Reckon so."

As to whats on now. Death Proof.

unforgiven is the awesome too!!!!! I could easily make a top 20 list for clint...easily. such a good looking man and great actor. that squint..
gene is primo too.

play misty for me...such a great movie. loved the house it was filmed at.

The Boy In The Striped Pajamas

Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences.

Hey all you Americans- Check out redbox and see of you have one near you. $1.00 rentals, can't beat it. :D Of course the selection isn't real big but lots of new releases.

hxxp://www.redbox.com/ (change xx to tt)

Ahhhhhhh....... The old spaghetti westerns, my favorites ! Tuco was the man "Hey Blondie"

My Name Is Nobody

Get a buzz going and watch this movie. When Terence Hill starts slapping people, you'll fall out of your chair laughing.

I think it's the best spaghetti western I've ever seen.

My Name Is Nobody

Henry Fonda and Terence Hill, 1974

Film Description

Comedy Western spoof bringing together two Western icons - the great Henry Fonda and 70s Italian superstar Terence Hill. Ageing but still fast gunslinger Jack Beauregard meets a man called Nobody who has been hired to kill him. However, Beauregard was Nobody's childhood hero, and the wily young gun starts planning a way that Jack can go down in the history books. Directed by Leone's former Assistant Director Tonino Valerii, with Leone himself taking charge for certain sequences, My Name is Nobody takes an ironic and often comic look at many of the classic situations of the Italian Western. Featuring a witty score by Ennio Morricone and beautifully shot in America and Spain.

Just got "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" from Netflix today.

Plot:
Basically Sean Penn is F'n hilarious and Phoebe Cates shows her boobs to a great song by 'The Cars' I think. And I think that pretty much sums up the movie.

AMC had Psycho and North by Northwest on last night...fell asleep 1/2 way through psycho. LOL North by Northwest is a great movie.
My fav. movie of all time is "Harvey". about a harmless very chill guy that drinks a lil too much and has a "pooka" as a friend and everyone is trying to lock him up becuase of it. I can relate :p

My Name is Trinity

My Name is Trinity To.

There is a 3 but its being buried its so bad

Then he teamed up with Henry Fonda

My name is Nobody

and shot his thread off

Some of you may go so... whats de deal ??

He shot him .. duh.. he's dead.

DoH! Nobody killed Henry Fonda don't you get it.

John Wayne is dead right? Anyone with common sense knows that

Ok I can tell you don't get it yet. Its not the movie. Its the Henry Fonda in movies.

Until the end of movies and probably beyond that Henry Fonda will be a major figure in cinema

And as John Wayne would say, " Dohwn yu.. thenk pilgrims any thing done is not recorded .. The Universe Knows

sorry, about the norwegian accent . ..

Hey, Stoney, I thought of another good movie for you. Have you seen Repo Man?

(1984) Otto (Emilio Estavez) is a wound-up punker in suburban Los Angeles. He suffers a number of misfortunes early in the film, losing his job and girlfriend, and finding out that his stoner parents have given his entire college fund to a televangelist.

He is approached by car repossessor Bud (Harry Dean Stanton), who needs a vehicle driven out of a "bad area." Otto does him this favor, and is soon hired by the "Helping Hand Acceptance Corporation" as a repo man himself. Otto finds the life exciting, with considerable drug use and real-life car chases. After a short while, he finds himself bonding with the older repo men, and the good pay is a perk as well.

Soon every repo man in town is on the trail of an old Chevy Malibu, driven by a weird scientist guy. There's something very odd in the trunk, possibly dead aliens. Bud and Otto almost get the vehicle and the $20,000 bounty, but are intercepted by FBI Agent Rogerz (Susan Barnes) and her team. It has a great conclusion!

Produced by Michael Nesmith (you're old enough to know who he is :hubba:)

Great movie!

ArtVandolay said:
Hey, Stoney, I thought of another good movie for you. Have you seen Repo Man?
Yeah, I sure did. What a hoot!

Tonight, I have:

Deja Vu (2006)

Starring: Denzel Washington
Director:Tony Scott
Writers:Bill Marsilii & Terry Rossio
Release Date:22 November 2006 (USA)
Plot:An ATF agent travels back in time to save a woman from being murdered, falling in love with her during the process.
Awards:1 win & 5 nominations

In Algiers, New Orleans, after the explosion of a ferry transporting the sailors from the USS Nimitz and their families with 543 casualties, the lonely AFT agent Doug Carlin is assigned to investigate the terrorist attack. Without any lead, he is informed by Sheriff Reed about a corpse of a woman that was found one hour before the explosion, but burnt with the same explosive. He is invited by FBI Agent Pryzwarra to join the surveillance team leaded by Jack McCready in the investigations, using a time window and Einstein-Rosen bridge through seven satellites to look back four and half days in time. He discloses the identity of the mysterious dead woman called Claire Kuchever and decides to follow her last moments trying to find the criminal. Along the surveillance, Doug falls in love for Claire and tries to change destiny, saving her life.

A ferry filled with crewmen from the USS Nimitz and their families was blown up in New Orleans on Mardi Gras. BATF Doug Carlin is brought in to assist in the massive investigation, and gets attached to an experimental FBI surveillance unit, one that uses spacefolding technology to directly look back a little over four days into the past. While tracking down the bomber, Carlin gets an idea in his head: could they use the device to actually travel back in time and not only prevent the bombing but also the murder of a local woman whose truck was used in the bombing?

After an explosion on a ferry kills over 500 people including a large group of party-going sailors, an ATF agent investigates the crime. AN FBI agent also joins the investigation. Impressed with the ATF agent's skills, the FBI agent invites him to join a new team that has a new program that uses satellite technology to look backwards in time for 4-1/2 days to try to capture the terrorist. Meanwhile a young woman who was burned washes up on shore. Meant to look like part of of the explosion, the body arrives at its location too soon, which leads the agents to believe her death is related to the explosion. As they use the new technology to study the woman, the ATF agent determines that this is not satellite imagery but somehow is using a time warp. From this point in the film, the movie moves from a crime film to a sci-fi time paradox film. Nonetheless, the action is non-stop and always captivating. The end of the film may be confusing to some people, but it is all laid out if one cares to look carefully. Contains some extreme violence that some may find disturbing, particularly during the explosion when many people are shown jumping off the boat in flames.

When a bomb explodes on a ferry boat in New Orleans, special operatives from the FBI and ATF come to the scene, including ATF agent Doug Carlin. After viewing satellite surveillance, Carlin also stumbles upon a woman named Claire Kuchever, who has been murdered shortly before the Ferry incident. Carlin also finds out that he can use the surveillance systems to travel backwards in time. So, he time warps 4 days before the Ferry incident, so he can stop Claire's murder, and to stop the Ferry incident.

Excellent flick Stoney.... I am gonna watch ......Legands Of The Fall !
already seen it about a 100 times, but hey.... I like it ????

chris1974 said:
Excellent flick Stoney.... I am gonna watch ......Legands Of The Fall !
already seen it about a 100 times, but hey.... I like it ????
I don't know how I missed that one! I'll find it and watch it! Thanks!

I think you will enjoy it Stoney..... It reminds me of my own life story, my sister sent it to me years ago for my B Day, said it reminded her of me !

chris is that the one where the brothers fight over the one lady? with brad pitt? or am I totally wrong

Latest posts

Back