What Movie Are You Watching Tonight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Legends Of The Fall is an epic drama that spans the lives of the Ludlow family. It is set in the early 1900s, around the time of the First World War. The story is told through the eyes of One-Stab (Gordon Tootoosis), an Indian chieftan.

Colonel Ludlow (Anthony Hopkins) is a military man who quits the American army as a result of atrocities he sees committed against the American Indian people. He sets up in the middle of the wilderness with his wife, Isabel (Christine Pickles) and his three sons; Alfred (Aidan Quinn), Tristan (Brad Pitt) and Samuel (Henry Thomas). One-Stab, along with several others, lives with them.

Soon, Isabel Ludlow realizes that the wilderness life is not for her, and she leaves Colonel Ludlow, though they remain fond of each other. Colonel Ludlow is left to raise his boys as best he can on his own. One day, Samuel meets a woman with whom he falls in love, Susannah Fitzgammon (Julia Ormond). He brings Susannah to the family home, and things are very good for a time.

World War One begins, and the three boys all enlist in the army. Samuel is killed, despite Tristan's best efforts to save him. Tristan sends back Samuel's heart to be buried at home, and then he goes away for a time to deal with his grief. Alfred during this time is at home with Susannah, and he attempts to win her heart, unsuccessfully. Tristan returns, and sweeps Susannah off her feet. Alfred leaves the family home to set up in Helena, a nearby town, in business.

Tristan becomes more and more unsettled, and finally he leaves Susannah to go wandering the world in an attempt to find himself. Much time passes, and no word is heard from Tristan until one day Susannah receives a brief note from Tristan exhorting her to "Marry another".

More time passes, and finally Tristan returns to the homestead. We learn that Colonel Ludlow has had a stroke and has lost the ability to speak, and Susannah has married Alfred whilst Tristan was gone. Tristan falls in love with Isabel Two, who was only a girl when he left home, but is now a woman. They marry, and have two children. During this time, Tristan industriously runs a bootlegging operation. He falls foul of other bootleggers, and Isabel Two is killed accidentally in an ambush.
This leads to two revenge killings by Tristan and by Isabel Two's father, and this then leads us to the climactic end sequence of the movie, where loose ends are tied, and honour is served.

StoneyBud said:
Yeah, I sure did. What a hoot!

Tonight, I have:

Deja Vu (2006)

Starring: Denzel Washington
Director:Tony Scott
Writers:Bill Marsilii & Terry Rossio
Release Date:22 November 2006 (USA)
Plot:An ATF agent travels back in time to save a woman from being murdered, falling in love with her during the process.
Awards:1 win & 5 nominations

OH my. I thought this was one of the worst! I actually went to the theater to watch Midnight Express in 3D, they posted it was at 10, turns out they meant 10 AM. So this was the only one playing. Not a huge fan of Denzel in cop movies, same ol shiz, thought it was aweful. Complained about the whole 10 o'clock posting( they didn't specify 10AM in the paper) told them this movie was terrible. Got my money back....hey more $ for the smoke right?

Watching Spaceballs tonight. Only funny if you're stoned.

Plot: Spinoff Mel Brooks style of Star Wars. May the Schwartz be with you.
Ludicrus Speed!!!Go!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehhh I watched space balls before I ever smoked and ALWAYS found it LMAO funny... "You shot my hair"

Just watched The Unforgiven last night..I love Clint, bur you don't need to be a fan...

Won a best picture...called "the best western in 20 years"...

A cowboy cuts up a prostitute and is let go with a warning...the women at the brothel then pool thier money and attempt to hire an assasain to give them justice...the story that ensues is absolutely engaging..all leading to the final showdown between a has-been killer..past his prime and softened by family life and a cruel sheriff and his posse...

Gene Hackman is awesome as Little Bill, the sheriff....

EDIT: I'm sooo dumb...I just read page two and saw all the posts about Clint and the Unforgiven..."great minds think alike"..hehehe

I remember going to see that when it came out with my parents...nice......dont think he read what it was about just that it was an awesome western...I also saw Blink with my grandma..fun times. didnt know there would be a naked dead lady floating in a tub of blood..

Umm yeah i thought Broke Back Mountain was pretty gay ! It was a bit of a rib cracker ! I don't think i'll watch it tonight !

...when I was picking my avatar today, I realized it's been like a year since I've seen the Shining....Time to go to the Overlook Hotel!!

w/e i can find on google.check out "THE UNION" its a cannamentry

Watching "The Neverending story" with the kid. Then Book of Blood after he passes out. I am itching to see "zombieland" Went to see "informant" with matt damon wed. I thought it was excellent. I like stuff like that and "catch me if you can" true story stuff with brilliant criminals ticking off the cops :p

9 is on my list. I like tim burton kinda dark stuff. Caroline bugged me out. :eek: the sinister plot in the background is creepy.

yo mutt...tell me you are familiar with the 28 days and 28 weeks later movies...OUT OF THIS FREAKIN WORLD!!!..

Alpha Dog ( i didnt know it was a true story )

Charged with murder in 2000, pot dealer Jesse James Hollywood fled to Brazil, where he was captured in 2005. Alpha Dog is based on Hollywood's life. In his recent trial, Hollywood claimed innocence to the charge that he ordered the death of a rival's 15-year-old brother, who he and friends abducted.

On July 8, Hollywood was found guilty of first-degree murder and kidnapping.

The 29-year-old Hollywood (see mug shot at left) followed his father into the marijuana trade. He says he was making $120,000 a year by 2000, when a beef with a friend who owed him $1,200 got out of hand.

As told in Alpha Dog, Johnny Trulove (Emile Hirsch) forced Elvis (Shawn Hatosy) to shoot Zack (Anton Yelchin). In real life, Ryan Holt is on death row at San Quentin for the murder of Nicholaus Markowitz, brother of Ben (a very scary Ben Foster in Alpha Dog). WATCH 'ALPHA DOG' TRAILER BELOW

"My business was always first," Hollywood stated at the trial at the Santa Barbara County Superior Court on June 23. "Hoyt told stories."

He added about Hoyt on June 24: "The guy had pretty much waged war on me and was coming after me - like Cape Fear or something."

Hollywood, Hoyt, Markowitz and several others drove to Santa Barbara, where they partied for several days, as seen in the movie. "There were girls, weed and beer, and they were hanging out," he testified on June 25. "I asked Nick if he wanted to come back to the Valley, and he said, 'No, I'm cool.'"

Hollywood maintains that Hoyt acted on his own. "I was in disbelief," he said when he heard about Markowitz's death. "I was angry... almost scared, saying 'What should I do?'"

He hid out in a trailer in the Mojave Desert and trekked across Canada before parking himself in a beach town outside Rio de Janeiro.

"I had made a new life for myself," Hollywood explained. "I was laying low. I had no hope. I would never get a fair trial."

On June 30, Hollywood's lawyer Alex Kessel said the prosecution has "no proof" of Hollywood's guilt and argued that witnesses have been influenced by "inaccurate depictions" in Alpha Dog.

Gran Torino was AWESOME! we have a dvd rip of "the perfect getaway" we are gonna watch tonight....this from the web:

For their honeymoon, newlyweds Cliff and Cydney head to the tropical islands of Hawaii. While journeying through the paradisaical countryside the couple encounters Kale and Cleo, two disgruntled hitchhikers and Nick and Gina, two wild but well-meaning spirits who help guide them through the lush jungles. The picturesque waterfalls and scenic mountainsides quickly give way to terror when Cliff and Cydney learn of a grisly murder that occurred nearby and realize that they're being followed by chance acquaintances that suspiciously fit the description of the killers.

will let ya'll know how it is! :hubba:

the perfect getaway was a pretty good movie....turned out to be a cam rip :confused: i hate those...but it was a VERY twisty flick...if you like that type of movie def see it, the ending will surprise ya ;)

House of 1000 Corpses is on for free on ON DEMand...If you don't like gore and blood and guts and twisted stuff stop reading now!

Still here? Totally psycho movie with Chris Hardwick and Rainn Wilson (Dwight from The Office) in the beginning half...

about this Texas Chainsaw Massacre style family that don't play well with others...

I won't say more, cuz a lot of people don't like that stuff, but for those of us that do....you know what I mean...;0

Man, suffered through about 3/4's of Steven Kings "Desperation" again. I thought perhaps I just wasn't in the mood the first time I shut it off at the half way mark. King being so famous and all...

I think that movie sucks. It's a hodge podge of mish mashed nonsense that shouldn't have ever seen daylight. What a waste of time that was.

<Kerplunk! Into the trash>

We ate some satori brownies and went to see District 9 last night... We're still trying to decide how much we liked it :) (the movie, not the brownies :hubba:). If you haven't seen it you should know that they spent all of the money on the last 15 minutes of the movie :).

StoneyBud said:
Man, suffered through about 3/4's of Steven Kings "Desperation" again. I thought perhaps I just wasn't in the mood the first time I shut it off at the half way mark. King being so famous and all...

I think that movie sucks. It's a hodge podge of mish mashed nonsense that shouldn't have ever seen daylight. What a waste of time that was.

<Kerplunk! Into the trash>
I think Steven King would say the same thing towards you stoneybud ! ( If he watched all of your grows and he was a grower ) I think he would struggle to watch your 8th academy award grow ! Yet he expects crictics to pop up ! Just keep on remembering that you will except his accomplishments but never forget his .....( in your eyes ) failures ! ;) and did you really watch 3/4s of it or shut it off at the half way mark ??? ??

Latest posts

Back