what room controllers do you run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrFever

Reaction score
Hey all i am just curious what you all use for room controllers :hubba:
i really like the iponic 600 as i can adjust everything via phone , can be half way around the world and still be able to see what is going on in my room from adjusting temps lights hrs humdity everthing it also has many free channels for more options like feeding you name it
i think its by far the best on the market

IMG_0733.jpg

IMG_0732.jpg

just my arse running around inside:giggle:

Them there those fancy ones pilgrem yual gots to fork out some skins fur them there ones reckon I have to stick to the make me owns as I needem but hay yual gots money then use it ;)

BWD

i'll be buying a controller soon as i move and build my new, larger room. no reason to spend all that money on a 3x3 flowering room

ShOrTbUs said:
i'll be buying a controller soon as i move and build my new, larger room. no reason to spend all that money on a 3x3 flowering room

true i learnt long ago that dialed in rooms is key yo happy growing :D

all I ever needed was 2 timers, 1 for the light and another for the pumps, I can leave a DWC with control res to top it for a month with no problems.

The only bought controllers I have are 2 green Air products Co2 controllers. My exhaust fans are controlled by light activated switches, like on your yard lights. I had to use a double pole double throw relay to reverse the action of the switch. Now when the lights turn on a 1000CFM fan pulls air through the lights. When the lights are off a 400 cfm fan pulls air from inside the room to keep humidity low and maintain negative pressure. 2 tons of ac set at 85. A dehumidifier. water heater timers for the lights. I use the ebb and grow. Check it once a day and its golden.

Those controllers are cool, but it is another way for somebody to find your stuff. If you have something like that, I would assume its not a small setup.
Be aware, there are programs to ping your IP on every port looking for an open spot. If you can see that stuff through your phone, which sends all traffic through your wireless carrier, who else can see it? Should be ok as long as you dont put a webcam in there lol.

I'm usuing a Sentinel chhc4 controller right now, no issues.
I gotta say, that iponic is pretty sick. I like the texting if parameters go out of control.
The light timer feature is cool, but I would have to wire all the lights to a single 120v contactor to utilize the units light timer feature, no big deal really.

Nice controller.

Holy crap....913 bucks was as cheap as I could find that iponic. Very cool but pricey.

Hamster Lewis said:
Holy crap....913 bucks was as cheap as I could find that iponic. Very cool but pricey.

I here yea that was price payed pretty dam cheap for a all in one controller,
i seen them as much as 1300.00 but money isn;t a issue for safety especially when using c02 which kills what i find amazing is i can monitor my room via cell phone so prior to entering a c02 injected room i can check safety factors amount of ppm in room turn on fans exhaust room with out being anywhere near there is no substitute for safety in my books
also some growers mention they don;t bother with controllers and i totally understand , probably no need but i found since running them my yields have increased 15 - 20 percent more just from dialing the room to perfect growing conditions one investment like this could pay its self off one grow for me its ideal as i run c02, fogger , Ac, fans , lights all in one system done set my values for each and watch the amazing growth appear

img0897mm.jpg

So this answered two of my next questions, is co2 worth the investment and are expensive controllers worth the money. I was looking at one for 600 sentinel chhc-4 but really like the cell feature of the one you use. It's looking like a $3,000 investment to set up a 5 x 8 scrog and veg room. If I yield half of what you did it will equal $8,750 worth of smoke first run. Well see how it goes.

Holy crap!!! This here fireside be talkin very rich didnt realize we had so many wealthy folks in this sight

hey mister spare a dollar?

lol

yual spend more money on gadgets that would keep me fed store baught fur a year or two. Oh well ifin ya gots it why not spends it ;)

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Holy crap!!! This here fireside be talkin very rich didnt realize we had so many wealthy folks in this sight

hey mister spare a dollar?

lol

yual spend more money on gadgets that would keep me fed store baught fur a year or two. Oh well ifin ya gots it why not spends it ;)

BWD

lol if growing weed was really cheap everyone would be doing it

Straight up though having a dialed in room will increase your yields bottom line for some its A LIVING so yield does matter, for others its just a hobbie no big deal
Yes a person can have crap load of stuff yet couldn't grow nothing and some growers have little and do rather well

from dialing my room running c02 etc beleive it or not?????
my expenses are lower plants grow faster , yield more
c02 is a great way to increase yields from 20 - 40 percent

here is a example i grew 72 plants non dialed in room 3 k sog with fans and exhaust fan my yield was 6 pounds same veg times
my last grow 12 plants dialed in room c02 induced 7 pounds 3 0z remember 60 plants less
same veg times

Savings
Power consumption pretty much the same
plant food 12 plants vs 72 big savings
actual labour involved 12 plants 15 mins on feed days

72 plant 4 - 6 hrs on feed days as well 15 mins a day in overall going in an out checking on temps etc manually turning on exhaust fans

PLUSS with dialed in room lights came on perfect every time fans exhaust c02 AC

with out dialed in room sometimes up to 15 min light difference as timers get week , sometimes i went in when lights are suppose to be off and they were on ?? bumped into timers etc

DrFever said:
lol if growing weed was really cheap everyone would be doing it

Straight up though having a dialed in room will increase your yields bottom line for some its A LIVING so yield does matter, for others its just a hobbie no big deal
Yes a person can have crap load of stuff yet couldn't grow nothing and some growers have little and do rather well

from dialing my room running c02 etc beleive it or not?????
my expenses are lower plants grow faster , yield more
c02 is a great way to increase yields from 20 - 40 percent

here is a example i grew 72 plants non dialed in room 3 k sog with fans and exhaust fan my yield was 6 pounds same veg times
my last grow 12 plants dialed in room c02 induced 7 pounds 3 0z remember 60 plants less
same veg times

Savings
Power consumption pretty much the same
plant food 12 plants vs 72 big savings
actual labour involved 12 plants 15 mins on feed days

72 plant 4 - 6 hrs on feed days as well 15 mins a day in overall going in an out checking on temps etc manually turning on exhaust fans

PLUSS with dialed in room lights came on perfect every time fans exhaust c02 AC

with out dialed in room sometimes up to 15 min light difference as timers get week , sometimes i went in when lights are suppose to be off and they were on ?? bumped into timers etc

Yual do well yur trail walkin pilgrem much abliged and glads yual got yur edumacation in the art and profession of the grow. I just gets by with what I gots and happy fur it. Those with money can get things quick do not worry bout not havin and have ability to change there surroundin without worry or thought. I like the fact me brain kept busy think hows to make me need from somethin without havin nothin. Aim I learn more in the end is all I be sayin pilgrem. Thanks yur fireside its much abliged ;)

BWD

Sorry ifin I upset a pilgrem with me comment here. Seems to have drawn me some red in me rep? Anyways ifin yual gots the ability to give it please have ability to own it with yur name instead of being weazel in long grass. Own yur actions own yur honour. Once gain sorry but I hates a sucker punch.

BWD

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Sorry ifin I upset a pilgrem with me comment here. Seems to have drawn me some red in me rep? Anyways ifin yual gots the ability to give it please have ability to own it with yur name instead of being weazel in long grass. Own yur actions own yur honour. Once gain sorry but I hates a sucker punch.

BWD

What happened not sure if i follow ????? what your talking about Rep ???? i see rep buttons on other sites, Have not seen any here ,
i don't take rep to seriously either should you Rep doesn;t make you a better grower you do.
I read many posts on this site and i it makes sense then great implement it if you can if it seems odd the post then steer away from it common sense pre vails , either way
sorry for the red rep as i can guarantee it wasn't;t me that did it

DrFever said:
What happened not sure if i follow ????? what your talking about Rep ???? i see rep buttons on other sites, Have not seen any here ,
i don't take rep to seriously either should you Rep doesn;t make you a better grower you do.
I read many posts on this site and i it makes sense then great implement it if you can if it seems odd the post then steer away from it common sense pre vails , either way
sorry for the red rep as i can guarantee it wasn't;t me that did it

Much abliged pilgrem and sorry to bring cold to yur great thread. I just dont like folk who dont own there points of opinion is all. Its like the old lighting the paperbag of dog poo and throwin it to door runnin way. If yual goin to have opinion of someone just own it ;) Sorry gain for bringin this to yur thread but its were the bag got thrown.

BWD

Hey either Dr.Fever.... or HamsterLuis..... where did you find the iponic for $913... We have decided on one for all of the reasons you said above, but I cant find one for cheaper than $1005....
Thanks

HelioCenturion said:
Hey either Dr.Fever.... or HamsterLuis..... where did you find the iponic for $913... We have decided on one for all of the reasons you said above, but I cant find one for cheaper than $1005....
Thanks

Search Amazon.
:hubba:

Ive been looking at the Titan brand controlers for my lights and fans. Im still doing my research but its an inevetible purchase.

Latest posts

Back