What went wrong?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camcam

Reaction score
Yesterday was time to cut all my buds of the stems (after drying for a week) and I found that one of the plants had two seeds and I found another seed on one of the others! Can someone tell me what the hell happened?

Did they Hermie on me or did a bit of the pollen get on them as I did take the males out a bit late.

Do Hermies get pollen sacks? As the plants I found the seeds on didn’t have any at all, the only reason why I am so concerned is I have taken cuttings of theses plant and I don’t want Hermies.

Did the males "pop" before you got them out? pollen clean up can be a chore.

Only a tiny bit on a few of them, what is the best way to clean up? bleech, stuff like that?

One male plant has enough pollen on it to pollinate 10,000 females.

That's another advantage of flowering a small clone from each plant you grow, as soon as the plant is large enough to take a clone from.

That way, you get NO males that grow to flowering.

Three seeds isn't anything. You should see one that is fully seeded. There are thousands of seeds.

POTUS said:
One male plant has enough pollen on it to pollinate 10,000 females.

That's another advantage of flowering a small clone from each plant you grow, as soon as the plant is large enough to take a clone from.

That way, you get NO males that grow to flowering.

Three seeds isn't anything. You should see one that is fully seeded. There are thousands of seeds.

The 6 clones I have now are all females, as I cut them off female plants.
So why have I got 3 seeds do you think a bit of pollen got on them?

camcam said:

sounds like thats what happened

you where lucky thats all that got seeded
a tiny sprinkling of pollen can result in hundreds of seeds

your clones should be fine

Thank god...... Am going to give the grow room a good clean this weekend, thanks guys.

Hey camcam

don't sweat it

My understanding is that Mother Nature has a say in this matter as well.
Sometimes with no stress related issues a plant can and will turn hermaphrodite.

She does this in order to survive.

When she finds that she has not been impregnated, she can do it herself (very selfish)

Now please do not get me wrong I am not saying that this is always the case but it has and will continue to happen.

I have had the same in the past.

Sometimes my clones of clones would start to produce bananas.
This lead me to a strict ritual of trying to inspect every plant every day.
Just a quick look see, like this can save you a lot of bother down the road.

"a stitch in time" kind moment.

It was never a really big issue for me, the odd bean is nought compared to street weed;)

Just never be tempted to grow them though.

Have ya been to Homebase yet?:rolleyes:

i would think that if your plant was a hermie then you would have alot more than 3 or 4 seeds. if 1 male can ruin 10,000 females then one male part on one plant should make a butt load of seeds on that plant. i would think. jmo

I hava some plants that have a little thingy where the boy part goes.....ohohohoh I am not sure how to explain it....Ok I am going to try again
when a plant is a female,does it have a little thingy that bends down words ( it is where the seeds would grow if it is a male)Some one told me that is a female part not all of my plants have them...CamCam does your plants have that little thingy hanging downwards?Does this mean a female or Hermie?there isnt 2 things on the sides of the thing hanging down.....oh man I have tried to retype this and ask my question so it makes since...but just cant seem to do it....dont know the names.I am sure I sound silly but I am really curious what that hangy thing is???
Thank you Cam Cam for asking this question and sorry to crash it
have a great day and stay safe

slowmo77 said:
i would think that if your plant was a hermie then you would have alot more than 3 or 4 seeds. if 1 male can ruin 10,000 females then one male part on one plant should make a butt load of seeds on that plant. i would think. jmo
hermaphrodite flowers can form with just one small part of one branch. As little as ONE male flower.

That is still enough to pollinate an entire plant.

He may have brought some pollen into the grow area himself from outside. There is really no way to tell.

With only a few seeds, it's no biggy anyway.

camcam said:

It could be localized stress on the area with the male flower. It could have been piggy-backed pollen from a plant two miles from your house that rode in with you....It could....it could....it could.......

With only a few seeds, why worry?

No biggie!

HOWEVER......DO NOT USE THOSE SEEDS.

They have a very good chance of being hermie seeds.

POTUS said:
It could be localized stress on the area with the male flower. It could have been piggy-backed pollen from a plant two miles from your house that rode in with you....It could....it could....it could.......

With only a few seeds, why worry?

No biggie!

HOWEVER......DO NOT USE THOSE SEEDS.

They have a very good chance of being hermie seeds.

You could be right! I drive to my grow room (about 30 miles away) and I never take my coat off inside the grow room, so you might be right there.

Thanks for all the input guys.....

P.S The seeds have been destroyed.

camcam said:
You could be right! I drive to my grow room (about 30 miles away) and I never take my coat off inside the grow room, so you might be right there.

Thanks for all the input guys.....

P.S The seeds have been destroyed.

Eaten? Trashed? Dropped in central park?

Latest posts

Back