What would you do

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Dog

good dog
Reaction score
If you had a 24x32 foot building with 12 foot ceilings, and had a permit to grow 60 plants, how would you set it up?
Thanks.

768 square feet, assuming you need to fit your fowering, cloning, and vegging as well as mothers all in this space, I would do the following (keep in mind this is just me, there will be a million different answers and none are "correct").
First thing I would do is section off a space that is 10x12, roughly 120 square feet. I would put two 1,000watt MH light in here giving you right at 3,000 lumens per square foot. This would be good for the mothers and vegetating plants. If you cycle plants through the flowering room in batches, you would have enough space in here for two large mothers, and enough room for vegging plants (meanining you would run 3 cycles, therefore harvesting roughly 1/3 of your garden every 20 days assuming a 60 day strain). You also need to put a small shelf in this space for a cloning station. Ventilation would be too much to get into here. However, if you want to veg your plants to a height of more than one foot, you will probably need more light.
For the flowering area you would have roughly 648 feet left over, that is a LOT of space and you STILL have over 10.8 square feet of space PER PLANT after devoting 120 square feet to the veg/mother/clone area. How you choose to use that is completely up to you, it really depends on how you want to grow. If the purpose of the grow is to get as much weight as possibe then you can fit 60 monsters in there easy. If it was me I would cut the space down because the amount of lights needed to get enough lumens in a space that large would be a big number. 648 square feet times 5,000 lumens per square foot =3,240,000 lumens. This menas you need 22 1,000 watt HPS lights putting out 145,000 lumens each to give you the MINIMUM amount of light needed for that space....a lot of coin. I would cut the space down a lot...but that is just me.

Amber Dog said:
thank you soo much. 22 1000w is a lot of kwh

Jumping in to that much space all at once will be overwhelming. 786 is your available space to use. Start smaller work your way up. One day you will look and wonder how the f' it got that big.

6 plants under 1000watts. You need 10 1000watt convertable ballasts(MH/HPS).
Blow out all 10 lights at once, easier to maintain and everything is on schedule. Harvest...start again.

When you are restricted by numbers, I have found it is eaiser to blow out a grow all at once rather then set up a "perpetual" harvest and investing in a Veg set up.

Plus blowin' out 10 lights is just plain fun!

Just had the plumber out to bid the water stub in and dry well. Slowly and carefully moving ahead.

Any other thoughts on this most important thread.

What about your electrical? I probably would have had an electrician in before a plumber. What is a dry well? How large a power service do you have there?

you live in holland or something? where can I get a permit for 60 plants

zipflip said:
Quote:
thank you soo much. 22 1000w is a lot of kwh
...and alot on ya electric bill too.

hmmmmm... 22kwh x 12 hrs/day x 30 days = 7920 Kilowatt Hours

Around here at 9 cents per KWH = $712.80 per month.

How much is power per KWH out in Cali MP users?

The Hemp Goddess said:
What about your electrical? I probably would have had an electrician in before a plumber. What is a dry well? How large a power service do you have there?

Right now I have a dedicated 60 amp service. How much should I have? Easy fix if I need more.

If you are going to light 10 1000s, that is not enough, because you need a couple 110 volt lines for fans, timers, clone pumps, etc.
Edit:The 110 volt circuits are in addition to at least 3) 220 volt circuits.. There are other ways, but I am not an expert on it. I am thinking about one of those control units that can handle lots of different circuits, for pumps, fans, lights, timers all in one so to speak. I saw one at the hydro store. I think it was like 500 bucks. You really need to get the power part of this hobby correct, especially with a lot of lights. Be safe.

what would I do, well first I'd jump for joy and then I'd do a snoopy dance and then I'd do a touchdown dance....I know this is no help whatsoever, but that's what I'd do, lol.

Latest posts

Back