What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice order Roddy. My next order i plan on getting some Barney's farm strains, will be interesting to see.

Lights just came on about an hour ago, I opened the door a half hour ago and I have been mesmerized by the beauty inside since! Can't stop from walking in and drooling over the ladies, the crystals all over the WW are like looking at diamonds, the Big Band now has one 12"x4" cola bud of white mass enveloped by green leaves. Big band is about 4 weeks in now??

I NEED A CAMERA!!!!!!!!

I will second that, You need a camera hehe.

Maybe soon, Jericho, I go back to work beginning of next month!

Update and correction to the ladies in bud room:

First up, WW...she is at 53", is about a week or 10 days from harvest and WOW, she is beautiful! Looking at a half-pounder here...I can feel it! She's at around a 40% amber count.

Big Band is at 40" tall, she is shaped like a Christmas tree and has a TON of billowy white hairy bud all over her. The main cola will be MASSIVE if early growth is an indicator, she is huge now at 4 weeks of budding!

Train Wreck is the mistake I made in an earlier post, she is a nice tall 44" tall, is 32"x37" in thickness, amazing how much the side-lighting has caused her to bush out!! Some of the lower leaves are showing their tops to the side-light and not laying with top toward sky. Little budlings are just starting to form, there's gonna be a big amount on this beast!

Waiting patiently for the WW to finish so I can move a few ladies down from veg...also waiting to buy more lighting since the gals in veg will be more than the bud room can handle right now. Another 1000w ballast, an adaptor, 2 600w HPS bulbs, a vert set-up and a hood will bring the room to near completion...just in time to start the move to the bigger rooms?? LMAO Bigger rooms will have ventilation set-ups!

Update on the lighting situation...the splitter i was planning to use is made for use with SUNPULSE bulbs only...this means that it is MH only....ooops. Hydro guy says others are using it with HPS bulbs without issue, I'm not going that route.

So, looks like I'll be buying the 1000w HPS set-up and go from there...possibly a 600w HPS for body-lighting as well.

I decided on the General Organics 5 part line for nutes.

although your verbal descriptions are wonderful....

:postpicsworthless:

Well, was meaning to pull the vegging ladies out and clean the room up a touch, so here's pics of those:

Rod veg 003.JPG Here's The skinny OG Kush, pic mislabeled GWS. Notice the coat hanger bending her over, I decided she needed a bit of Mommy Dearest treatment.

Rod veg 004.JPG Training her over, she will hopefully fill out nicely and produce a better yield. I have 2 phenotypes of OG going, will be interesting to see how they turn out!

Rod veg 005.JPG Tall and skinny, she was around 20" but has a hangover...

Rod veg 006.JPG Here's the LSD from Barney's Farm.

Rod veg 008.JPG Oh, isn't she a pretty little bush? Around 20" tall and 27" wide!

Rod veg 011.JPG Huge, healthy fan leaves, this gal is really showing promise!

Rod veg 016.JPG OG Kush, 5th week vegging, she'll be HUGE by the time room opens for her in the bud room!

Rod veg 017.JPG Showing OG the menu!

Rod veg 021.JPG Here's the Great White Shark, the troubled one of the group!

Rod veg 022.JPG From the start her big fan leaves would dry up and crumble away, but she's healthy and happy regardless.

Rod veg 024.JPG Yes, those are burns on the top leaves, the T5's will get hot when leaves are left to grow into the bulb.

Rod veg 025.JPG She's getting better daily and will really thrive with her new line of food!

And by the by...disregard the dates on the pics, I have no clue how to set that on the camera LOL Camera took decent pics, but it took me over an hour and a half to take them, move the room around and set the light up just right so it didn't wash out the camera completely...it really is junk lmao! These are the best pics, the others were worthless!

Pics of the other gals in the veg room coming very soon have to upload and edit first and my back is now killing me! Med time!!

Roddy said:
Well, was meaning to pull the vegging ladies out and clean the room up a touch, so here's pics of those:

View attachment 162131 Here's The skinny OG Kush, pic mislabeled GWS. Notice the coat hanger bending her over, I decided she needed a bit of Mommy Dearest treatment.

View attachment 162132 Training her over, she will hopefully fill out nicely and produce a better yield. I have 2 phenotypes of OG going, will be interesting to see how they turn out!

View attachment 162133 Tall and skinny, she was around 20" but has a hangover...

View attachment 162134 Here's the LSD from Barney's Farm.

View attachment 162135 Oh, isn't she a pretty little bush? Around 20" tall and 27" wide!

View attachment 162136 Huge, healthy fan leaves, this gal is really showing promise!

View attachment 162137 OG Kush, 5th week vegging, she'll be HUGE by the time room opens for her in the bud room!

View attachment 162138 Showing OG the menu!

View attachment 162139 Here's the Great White Shark, the troubled one of the group!

View attachment 162140 From the start her big fan leaves would dry up and crumble away, but she's healthy and happy regardless.

View attachment 162141 Yes, those are burns on the top leaves, the T5's will get hot when leaves are left to grow into the bulb.

View attachment 162142 She's getting better daily and will really thrive with her new line of food!

And by the by...disregard the dates on the pics, I have no clue how to set that on the camera LOL Camera took decent pics, but it took me over an hour and a half to take them, move the room around and set the light up just right so it didn't wash out the camera completely...it really is junk lmao! These are the best pics, the others were worthless!

Pics of the other gals in the veg room coming very soon have to upload and edit first and my back is now killing me! Med time!!
Looking good as usual Rod! Keep it up!:cool2:

looking good man! how was the somango? i'm REALLY interested in tryin some of soma's stuff and that one always sticks out.

The problem with soooo many seeds and so little room is that you have to make choices on which to grow, the Somango is in the wings still. I think she'll be dropped soon though, maybe this round!

eta...and THANKS for the kind words everyone, I am having some great fun!

you would have my undying attention if you popped that somango ;)

keep up the great work:lama:

:smoke1: I will have a harvest report for you soon.....and some pics of the ladies! I hope to get a good pic or two of the Big Band and her big cola!!

I promised pics of the veg room, I finally borrowed the good camera (or better at least lol)...so here are some new pics!

Rod bud3 097.JPG Veg closet #1, we have from left to right...LSD (Barney's Farm), GWS front center (GHS), Orange Bud center back (Dutch Passion) and OG Kush (Reserva Privada). Yes, they are a bit packed in there.

Rod bud3 098.JPG Closer view under the light, that's GWS. All of these plants are at about 26" high, the OG and LSD are about 30" wide each while the other two are more upright than bushy. Planted the OG and LSD in 10gal smart pots, the others in 5gal smart pots.

Rod bud3 099.JPG Ahhh, the baby Kandy Kush. Only one of the three to survive, one was my fault (I got impatient lol), the other was due to my cat Silly knocking over the cup one night. This gal is at around 2 weeks, is in a 5gal smart pot.

Rod bud3 100.JPG Veg closet #2 shows us the second OG Kush right (Reserva Privada), White Widow center (Dutch Passion) and Skunk #11 left (Dutch Passion). These are around 5 weeks as are all in closet #1, but watering issues kept these a bit smaller than the others. Out of picture is the KK immediate right.

Rod bud3 101.JPG Another view of closet #1 under the lights looking longways.

Rod bud3 102.JPG Closet #1 with a 5gal bucket in forefront to show size. The light on the floor is my fluorowing 125...found a use for her once again LMAO

Rod bud3 103.JPG Closet #1 looking closer...happy, green babes, they are doing well.

Now to the bud room...

Rod bud3 108.JPG Here we have the Big Band cola, this pic does absolutely nothing for it though. Not showing the heavy dusting of white sparkly goodness all over every leaf (yes, even the bigger ones save the large fans). It also shows very little of the tons of white hairs that the buds are made up of. The bud is about the height of a 2 lr nute bottle.

Rod bud3 111.JPG Bud room from the unused side looking at the gals. Big Band on the left, Train Wreck on right. Big Band is in her 5th week (if memory serves) with the TW at 3 weeks. The bell shaped light in foreground is my 400w MH, it's trained sideways a bit to throw her light at the gals.

Rod bud3 112.JPG The light behind the gals is a 400w HPS used for body lighting...I think the gals are really appreciating all that extra light!

Rod bud3 113.JPG Looking down on the Train Wreck and her tons of tiny bud formations. TW was bent over in veg and has a lot of cola-type branches shooting up! She is a nice large 52" or so tall and around 36" wide.

Rod bud3 114.JPG And last, Big Band again! She's nicely shaped like a Christmas tree, she is 40" or so (I didn't measure and am going off memory here, sorry). Her buds are bulking up nicely, should be a good yield!

Very nice Roddy!
Beautiful, all of it.

I grow TW too. Yours is bigger!

THANKS Rosie!!

You know me, I like to get them nice and big lol! Currently awaiting the OG Kush and LSD from closet #1 to come of maturity so I can throw them in bud, they are getting pretty big!

I should add that there is a 1000w HPS hanging over the gals in bud room, it's out of view but shining down brightly!

How are you liking the smart pots now that you've had a chance to get to know them a little bit? Do you think 5Gal is big enough? I see you are using some 10 Gal, 10 kind of seems like overkill to me but I dunno. I just transplanted into my first 5 Gal Smart pots, just curious what to expect.

The gals in the 5gal are smaller around and more straight up than those in the 10gal...but strains are different too....except for the OG's. However, I believe I have 2 phenos here and can't compare accurately. Overall, I do think the 10gals are producing bigger plants and I will be buying more 10gals. I will be using the 5gals as starter pots and transplanting before bud to 10gals...fresh soil as well as root room.

I love the smart pots though!

Hmmm, good to know. I may do the same. That's a lot of Sunshine #4 though, the guys at the hydro store will love me even more than they already do :)

Latest posts

Back