What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looked in on the gals, gave them a turn and adjusted height as needed, the OG does show a lot of stretch, more like 4" She's not too bad, but the LSD is much bushier with a better frame!

LSD is at 32" while the OG has stretched to 36".

Question about the Big Band, I checked trichs from 5 different spots on the plant today, most showed around a 10%-20% amber with probably 60% milky. One bud showed about a 10% black trich count with the amber count around 40%, the rest were milky. A little longer? The black means bad, should I pluck that bud?

LOL Blackwind, I'm keeping both! If you decide to toss the tall one, you'll be able to keep track of mine.

OK, I went to the local hydro shop and picked up my clones today, 2 from my LSD and 2 from my OG Kush (bushy pheno). I have an open mind, truly I do, but these little wimps are gonna have to do a lot of growing and spreading out before I am impressed any LMAO! I put all 4 under the 125 Fluorowing since the T5's are full up right now, will try to get pics later!

This should be fun and will give me experience with clones!

Dropped an Acapulco Gold and 2 Vanilla Kush from Barney's Farm, they all popped this morning and are now in soil under light with the clones!!

I am now a caregiver, so I'll be growing more plants per run...SWEET!!!

The Big Band is awesome looking, will check her trichs in a bit and see where we stand!

OMG NO....checked the trichs and am seeing what I believe are mite webs (posted in sick plants section) on the Big Band. I am not sure what to do from here, am thinking it's chop time for the band and a heavy dosing of mite control...will the Train Wreck be ok??

yes it will be fine...mites slow the plant down but doesnt stop it...Best to get a grip on those mites though ..they will cause havick in the room...take care and be safe

:48:

WHEW, another mite scare turns out false!!! The issue was dust from my fan which blew onto the plant, the stringy dust looked just like webs on the leaves when I checked trichs! The gal was nearly chopped last night, but cool heads prevailed, she will finish her bud cycle...a few days to go!

I can't say for sure how well the side lighting helped on this plant, but I can say that the bud growth on the lower branches are much more than previous harvests, the buds are thicker and most will be useful and will add to the weight! Competitive stretch aside, I will continue to body light these gals! Most of these buds would have been nothing more than wisps of air, some of these, while not large nugs, are solid and look delicious! The Big Band is comparable in both size and structure to my PEx, the PEx brought in just under 1/4 lb....we'll see if this brings a bit more!

Every time I enter the veg room, I am discouraged. The plants all look so stretched and are making me get creative in trying to get them bushy. I guess it must just be the genetics since the lighting and all conditions save nutes are the same...would the nutes cause stretch?? Seems I read this somewhere, will have to go back and do some more reading to see. Even the Kandy Kush is stretched....

:yay: :yay: Checked the veg room and all 3 seeds have sprouted and are above ground...that's QUICK since I dropped them yesterday (or was it the day before...)! So, I have 4 clones that are showing signs of getting happier and happier, I also have 3 seed to watch...these are close enough I can compare the growth rate (I know, different strains and such, but will give a rough idea).

Gals upstairs in veg are getting bigger and bigger, but they seem stretchy, so i am tying some down a bit to promote more bushiness. This worked well with the original Kandy Kush, we'll see how it goes with the Orange Bud and Great White Shark which were both nearing 30" tall before I tied them down (bent them over to about half the height).

Gals in bud room look happy as ever, the LSD and OG are getting THICK and bushy! Train Wreck has sooooo many buds on her, she looks great! I tied her down just before bud as well and her canopy is all pretty even save for the colas which are sticking up all over. Also, the side (body) light is making for a lot of thicker bud growth on the lower regions of this super thick gal...I do have to turn her every day to make sure all the plant is getting the light!

I'll try to get pics soon!

Hey Rosie, sorry I took so long to say THANKS!!!!!! I am going to steal my buddy's camera again tonight or tomorrow, more pics coming shortly!!

OK, today is the day I switch the lighting over from lights on at 7am to lights off at 7am...will likely harvest the Big Band then since she is really close now. I am wondering though, is seeing a few black trichs normal, even when only seeing about a 40% amber/cloudy?

The clones....NICE! The do seem to be growing quickly, but they are some straight up and lean suckers...will definitely be supercropping this group when they get big enough! All in all, these little gals are looking pretty healthy and might just change my mind on clones...maybe. I moved them all to gal tubs last night, they'll soon go into 5gal smart pots to veg!

Seedlings....the 2 Vanilla Kush and the Acapulco Gold are looking great at this time, growing up quickly! I am looking forward to these three...ACAPULCO GOLD BABY!!! And of course, I am a huge kush fan, soooo.....

Veg room...CRAMMED FULL NOW!!! You think those pics with the 3 big vegging gals under each T5 was crammed, it took a LOT of creative thinking to fit all of these PLUS the 4 clones! Big Band will come out of bud room in time to make room for at least 1 of these, maybe 2...she's fairly big lol!

Bud room...I desperately need another 1000w HPS! With becoming a caregiver, I am now needing to put a few more than 4 plants into my room, 1000w more would allow me to double my bud room capacity!

I promise, more pics soon!!!

:postpicsworthless::rofl: Just giving you a hard time RODDY!!!

OK OK, I got off my lazy bum and took a few pics...keep in mind these are quick shots and no moving about to get single plants!

Rod Veg 001.JPG Here's the 4 clones! 2 on right are LSD, 2 on left are OG Kush!

Rod Veg 002.JPG These pics were taken yesterday, I have some from today as well....

Rod Veg 004.JPG Put in the pen for reference, but the amount of nodes should tell the tale pretty well. These are starting to shoot out branches, looking good!

Rod Veg 011.JPG I think these are today's pics!

Rod Veg 003.JPG Looking into closet #1, she's pretty full up at this time! This is White Widow (topped and bushy) and Skunk #11 (back of closet). Skunk has a hangover LMAO, she's filling out very nicely after a bit of training her down!

Rod Veg 005.JPG Same plants, fuller view!

Rod Veg 008.JPG And closet #2...NO VACANCY! Hanger is on the stretched OG pheno, Kandy Kush is next and you can't really make out the GWS or Orange bud, can you?? They're there lol!

All of the big gals are around 26" save the Kandy Kush which is at a bit over 1' and nicely filling out after being topped! The wires hanging down in the pic are for my fluorowing which is currently lighting the 3 seedlings (Acapulco Gold and 2 Vanilla Kush...all from Barney's Farm)...not much to see there, so didn't bother to turn light out and position the seedlings for shot!

Bud room is in night cycle, still have the big band waiting for chop. She hasn't gone as far as I'd like yet...but we're day to day! The LSD and OG are getting HUGE, they're competing with my Train Wreck for widest plant in bud LMAO! All 3 of these are at least 36" around and showing TONS of bud sites (well, TW is showing tons of bud lol, and I do mean tons!!)

7 plants waiting in the wings, 4 in budding, 4 clones and 3 seedlings...I am off and running for my new patient! IF the LSD and OG turn out nice AND the clones work out, they could be a staple as well as the Kandy Kush and I would be silly not to put the Pineapple Express in as well, wow, what a taste! The rest are up to my patient!

Tonight's finally the night for the Big Band, will post pics of before and after chop!

I really planned to chop Big Band last night, but I couldn't force myself. She's sooo close, but seems to be holding back on me...maybe tonight! I'm running low on two things...weed and room, so she'd better hurry!!

The gals upstairs are OK save the Widow which is sickly right now, but coming around!!!!

Hey Roddy Ive heard that the longer you let a plant flower, the high changes from more of a head high, to a body high, as the trichs go from clear to amber. is that correct? just something I thought I read on MP Thanks mate

You are most certainly dead on, my friend! I am going for around a 60% amber tich count, I want some strong meds this go!! Many look for a 50% amber trich, my understanding is that the taste is compromised a bit as the count goes higher (you lose a bit of taste the more amber you go), but the potency raises with the ambers as well!

THANKS for dropping in, Moses!!!

:aok: thank you very much Roddy!
Oh and the CountryCrock pots your using are awesome :D never thought of that
mojo for your ladies

THANKS MM!

Checked Big Band tonight and, while it was at about ready, I let it go for one more night! She will definitely be a strong high lol, can't wait!!

Latest posts

Back