What's in Roddy's Garden Today??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not using Advanced #4 myself, have moved to Roots Organic 707 by Aurora! It's a pre-mixed natural soil blend and is much cheaper. I am getting it for $26/3cu' bag....as opposed to $50 for the Advanced in same size.

More pics, these are a bit better ones of the Big Band!

Rod bud 3 001.JPG Here's one of the little buds on the side, check out all the white stuff coating those leaves! This bud is about the size of a pill bottle (around, might be a touch longer), but should provide much better meds than can come in pill form!

Rod bud 3 002.JPG Here's a view of the main cola on her, check out the red and white hairs all over her...and of course, the white coating on all the leaves!

Rod bud 3 003.JPG Different view, same cola! She is really looking good at 5 weeks, hope she does the bulking up in these last 3 or so? If so, these buds will really produce! She's currently about the size around of a 20oz and about the height of a nute bottle as I had mentioned before!

Rod bud 3 006.JPG Looking down on the cola, check out all the trimming I'll have ahead of me! I should mention that just touching a leaf brings the smell of strawberries to the air and on your hand! SWEET!

amazing color to those Roddy. That last one looks almost pink.

-SSF-

THANKS SSF, but I suspect the pinkish hue is due to the lighting and not the true color of the bud...I wish though! The rest of the coloring is true, but the pinkish is a light reflection issue!

I am on a maturity watch at this point, my LSD and OG Kush are now 30" tall (and around LMAO) and not showing alternating nodes as yet! In fact, NONE of the gals in veg are, all are in 5th week or going into 6th week of veg...save the Kandy Kush of course! When oh when will they change, I am completely out of veg room!! :D

THANKS, Rosie!!! I can't wait to taste this gal, she looks scrumptious!

NICE!!!! I finally got a sugar shot.....it's all in the lighting, I finally got it just right!

Rod bud 3 003.JPG One of the side buds, she's deceptively longer than she looks due to it turning down under a bit. One of these days, I'll get all elements AND add a perception piece in as well....getting there!

Rod bud 3 006.JPG Not sure what the blue is, but here's another bud with all the pretty sugar!

I'm beginning to wonder what the last plant I grew was...this babe, as well as the Kandy Kush AND the PEx all had more white crystals than the supposed WW.

The OG Kush and LSD have entered the bud room, giving much needed room to the remaining 6 in veg!! SWEET!!

Big Band is looking sooo beautiful, I am tempted to sneak a bud for taste testing...but am currently staying strong! A few weeks left, trich check yesterday showed about a 3% amber LMAO! She's really bulking up though, the buds are awesome looking!

Train Wreck is in her 2nd week...or 3rd?? I need to write things down lol. Her buds are forming nicely now, there will be a ton on this big bush!! I'm surprised to see frostiness on her leaves already?

Oh yes, almost forgot...since I sent the LSD and OG over to be cloned, I will have a few to do an experiment with. All the talk about clones vs seeds, I will test this myself under comparable conditions and with my same skill lvl...I'll soon know firsthand how the two stack up!

Big Band is starting to show what is likely a cal/mag def. Gave her a bit of extra molasses and am watching, but with only 2 or 3 weeks left, I'm not too worried at this point. However, the LSD is showing some browning of the leaves that I am concerned with slightly, am watching her close.

Big Band showed a low amber trich count on most leaves, but showed high (around 60% amber) on 2 leaves....she's beautiful, that's for sure. I want a potent beast, so waiting her out as long as possible!

rain Wreck is forming tons and tons of buds, she already has white crystals all over her sugar leaves...SWEET!

For those following along, THANKS!! I am more than happy to share my experiences here, I am also more than happy to learn from all of you...sorry if I am a pain at times. I'll add along here as I can. will add pics as I get the camera to work and will be happy to answer questions/interact with all here. I'll also try to stay out of the rest of the forums so as to not bother you all so much :)

I asked about light stretch in the lights section, my gals seem to be stretching alot...way more than any before. In fact, the tall pheno OG has almost 7" between nodes...yet the light is nearly touching the plant at all times. I don't know what the deal is, this one is the worst, the others have around 2" gaps. All conditions are the same save I started a new nute line on this grow.

That said, suggestions on what to do with this plant. It is 26" tall and MAYBE 12" around. I thought to hop her back quite a bit and see what happens, I have plenty of time before I have to move her to budding. Thoughts?

It could just be a different pheno. When i grew 2 RRF side by side they were complete opposites.
One was about 14 inches tall, and not busy at all, all the branches had grown hugging the stem.
The other was about 24 inches tall, bushy as well, smoked the same and produced pretty much the same as well but completely different physically.

I hear you on the pheno, I believe it is a different pheno, but the stretch is hard to take. 7" between nodes, these things are nothing more than palm trees lol

Roddy said:
I hear you on the pheno, I believe it is a different pheno, but the stretch is hard to take. 7" between nodes, these things are nothing more than palm trees lol

Dont worry it will fill in hopefully. If not consider loosing the lower branches and maybe tie her down some.

Is it still in veg or flower?

This is what I am thinking, but wondering how far I should go down...she's tall. I just went up and put the hanger on her main stem again (she's been bent down before, this only made the other branches grow straight up), and bent her branches back...they stayed down without weight on them even though their stems are thick.

Might just top them back about 6" on all branches...or is that to much too fast and the plant will shock?

If its RP's OG then it will def stretch like hell... shes also a PITA to root and very sensitiveon the nutes... that LSD is prob gona stretch like crazy too... just a heads up...

Well i wouldn't do the sides because once you top they will grow any ways due to more energy being given to them.

Dont forget when they go into flower they are going to stretch again. so careful.

JustAnotherAntMarching said:
If its RP's OG then it will def stretch like hell... shes also a PITA to root and very sensitiveon the nutes... that LSD is prob gona stretch like crazy too... just a heads up...

I noticed the other OG (yes, RP) had a bit of stretch to her and her branches were thick, but this one...wow! The other has about 2" nodes gaps while this one has about 7". I guess it'll do what it will, we'll see how she comes out! LSD...she too was stretchy, about like the bushy OG (2" nodes)! Not seen a nute issue yet, but the bushy pheno just went into bud...I'm sure it'll be a fun ride!

THANKS for the heads up!

My RP OGs are still pretty small but I definitely see a difference in the phenos. One is short and squat while the other seems like it's in a race to the top of the tent. I'm thinking the short one is the keeper.

Latest posts

Back