When does the Veg start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DynaGlideGuy

Reaction score
I consider it in veg as soon as the seeds germinate. It just seems to me that after looking at some plant that are 2, 3,4 weeks in veg are Huge.
just wonderin?

Best Wishes
"P"

I consider mine to be veg until I put them into flower ;)

I always count my days like this: from sprout to first set of true leaves (single blade usually) is a seedling. veg is from then until the time that they start to flower. You can veg for as long as you want, as long as it's not an auto, and you keep your lights at 18/6-24 hrs. Thats why you see alot of people with big vegging plants...the bigger the roots and the more budsites, the bigger the harvest. It all depends on the space you have to work with.

Also if you compare soil grows to hydro you will see a significant difference in growth at the same age. Every growers skill level is different, and every strain grows different.

I was gonna say after my 3rd hit, but what LF said sounds better.
GL

legalize_freedom said:
I always count my days like this: from sprout to first set of true leaves (single blade usually) is a seedling. veg is from then until the time that they start to flower. You can veg for as long as you want, as long as it's not an auto, and you keep your lights at 18/6-24 hrs. Thats why you see alot of people with big vegging plants...the bigger the roots and the more budsites, the bigger the harvest. It all depends on the space you have to work with.

Also if you compare soil grows to hydro you will see a significant difference in growth at the same age. Every growers skill level is different, and every strain grows different.

Thanks this would make sense
Best Wishes
"P"

hey...I'm not saying I'm right lol...thats just the way I do it, for say, feeding schedules etc

Yeah I agree with LF. Hmm . . . there is a chart of growth on my current grow (veg only of course)
- I was running 40K lumens in about 7 sq.ft., quite a lot for veg.

Latest posts

Back