when is best time for 12/12?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greencowboy

Reaction score
All.....plants are about 1.5' high right now with tips everywhere about a 16th of an inch long or a little more. When is the best time to start the 12/12 with the lights and does the watering go with that? Right now Im doing 1hr on/2hrs off on the nutes.....Help please??

You want to start flowering when the plants are 1/2 as tall as you want them before harvest... After you change the light schedule the plants will still become taller, Different strains stretch more than others during flowering also...

Thanks for that valuble piece of info.....how about the watering schedule during the 12/12? Your opinion?

greencowboy said:
Thanks for that valuble piece of info.....how about the watering schedule during the 12/12? Your opinion?

Well I grow DWC and I water 24/7 what do you grow in? that really helps to know when deciding on when to water

I water on their schedule. Basically I am their Bi-otch...

I'm doing the ebb/flood drain thing. 1 hour on- 2 off- 24/7 is what they've been on and they look real good....they're under a 600w light...would you all suggest keeping the water intervals the same since its working well when I go to 12 on 12 off with the light?

you can flower plants anytime you want. just know that they doublt or tripple in height when 12/12 in triggered. also, its a good idea to let plants show pre flowers before 12/12. imo better quality

Thanks for all the help everyone....I need to know if I should keep up the same watering schedule when I go 12/12..... right now I am doing 1hr on 2hr off 24/7.....

thats a LOT of watering.

I do ebb n flo and water 2 times a day for 15 min (flood then drain 30 gal)

You are starving the roots for o2.

Latest posts

Back