When is too late to clone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Reaction score
So, when is it.LOL Just kidding but seriously I dont know how to clone. Can I use superthrive on the clone then put it in soil. Where exactly is the best place to take a cutting and does this have a good success rate? Dont like to take risks. First female plant Ive ever had, Im so excited if you people care.

Later

Later

im not a complete expert, but im pretty sure clones have to be taken before the plant is flowering, although TBG was showing me some re-vegged plants, hopeuflly someone else will be able to shed some more light on this

Yeah Riz I heard that you can do that also but I never have. I hear it takes like a month before vegging starts again but I can't say from experiance.

Here is my cloning method. Cut flowering branches from the lowest most part of the plant. I imediately put the cutting in water so no air bubbles form. The I split the stem in half and dip this for 15 sec in vitagrow. Plop this in either soil, rooting plugs, rockwool, or hydrocloner. I've done em all and I klike the hydro the best. It's the fastest. But either of the methdos work.

Hydro roots in 3-4 days
Soil...well who knows
Rockwool 1 1/2 weeks
Jiffy root plugs 2-3 weeks, yuck.

In over 200 clones I only lost 1 with this method.

I think Im going to wait til I get another female and just let this one alone.

Do you know if superthrive would work instead of the vitagrow? A book said B1 vitamins were the most important and I know superthrive has them but didnt know if it was missing something.

yeah noodles, you wanna just clone all of your plants and keep track of what clone came from what plant, then if the plant turns out female? you got a female clone, if not just rid them in the bin or something

So your saying I cant clone a plant that is flowering?Or can I?

YES YOU CAN!! but only the first week or so of flowering. I took two clones after one week into flowering, it just takes a little longer than if from Veg cycle.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back