when should i flower my plants

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

process 0238

Reaction score
i have some plants under a 150 watt hps and are being grown hydroponically they are about 2 weeks old and about 6"-7" tall what is a good hieght to start flowering to get a good yield?

I start flowering any and all of mine at 1 foot ;) but the bigger the plant in veg the bigger it will be while flowering, My suggestion is since most plants double or even triple in height while flowering go by how tall your grow area is if you have a celing of 6 ft then you shouldnt let your plant get more than 2 ft tall before you flower.

ANother good time to tell is after they have preflowered on their own.

Yield is all up to the strain your growing. But big roots mean big buds only if you have the space to grow them big. You can flower now and they might be 18 to 20in high. cannabis continues to grow after you flower for 2 wks so if you have the height like over 4ft then you can veg until there 12in. consider the size of your pots your using and the lamp your hanging your grow space is in the middle. What is your height in the space?

I use a 150hps and I flowered mine 3wks ago at 6in high. But my space is only 2 ft of grow space with the lamp at the ceiling.

My suggestion is since most plants double or even triple in height while flowering go by how tall your grow area is if you have a celing of 6 ft then you shouldnt let your plant get more than 2 ft tall before you flower.

Don't forget the space you'll need between the top of the lamp and the ceiling, and from the bottom of the lamp to the top off the plants. Oh ... and the height of the lamp itself ;)

Latest posts

Back