When to change fertilizers outdoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcbud_chick

Smokin' BC Bud
Reaction score
I was wondering when should I start giving outdoor plants a fertilizer with a higher PK on the west coast? Is it the beginning of September?

Typicall your plants will beging to show signs of preflower, or sexing. this is a good time to pull males and just grow pure sensi. when these flowers show, i usually just wait for signs of actual flowers, at this first sign, i cut out veg. nutes and switch to something that has trace minerals and some guano and what not. i personally use the Fox Farm three bottle set. the grow big, big bloom and tiger bloom, these three always seen to transition the plants life cycle a little easier, and they are all organic. So, when i see this, i use the big bloom for a fwe weeks, and then when the weight is visibly packing on, i switch over to the tiger bloom, then a rough estimate i use is in 57-62 days i really start checking those sweet little round gland heads. a few weeks before i feel the projected harvest time, i switch to just water and then add some mollases, this helps with activity on the microbial level and allows for even more swollen buds, roughly 20-25% can be achieved. then depending on how narcotic or body feel i want, i will pull them. this is just what i do, but hope it helps you out.
~T-bone

Latest posts

Back