when to collect pollen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

passtheswag

smoke it up !!!
Reaction score
how far along does a male have to be to collect its pollen and use it?

As soon as them sacks open and the pollen falls. ;)

thanks tbg but as far as thetime it takes from showin the balls to time of openin would be? been flowerin ten days now

Not really sure on that one as we've only let one ever get that far and that was awhile ago. :rofl: I'm sure someone can jump in and give ya the answer your looking for. ;)

I did a phototron grow back in the day and the males opened up at about 12-14 days. When one went, the all basically went. Nowadays though, we kill the boys soon as they whip the balls out.......

Its strain dependant, grow style dependant, humidity dependant etc etc, from first sign to opening can be 3 days to a week, once starting to show they are programmed to open quickly to pollinate as many as they can, if im collecting pollen, I chop the male with its sacks still closed and leave to dry on a sheet of dark paper, the sacks will open naturally as it dries and the pollen falls out of the sack onto the paper.

...or cut the 'fruit' bearing branches and set then on a mirror/pane of glass or dark paper in a glass of water. The stamin open, spil their goods right on the glass, easily collected with a razor blade. ;)

Latest posts

Back