when to start growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud smoker84

Reaction score
so i live in florida and im not sure when i should start growing because its very hot here in the summers 90+ so im thinking should i be growing in the winter time?

that would depend on if your growing in or out door. If its indoor you can control more of the conditions that your plants will live in vs the outdoor which we all know that only one can control. so an answer to the question would be if your planning on growing outdoor id looks at the day vs night tems and humidity for a week and just watch the temps and light hours (time the sun is up) and see if an outdoor grow can be done. For an indoor grow the only thing that would matter is if you have some beans to germ and are you about ready to invest in a good starting growing set up because if so id say go ahead and start geriminating up some beans and have at it.

ya sorry i posted it in the wrong section lol but ya i meant for outdoors... thanks for your help

bud smoker84 said:
ya sorry i posted it in the wrong section lol but ya i meant for outdoors... thanks for your help

I moved the thread to the Outdoor area for you.

bud smoker84 said:
so i live in florida and im not sure when i should start growing because its very hot here in the summers 90+ so im thinking should i be growing in the winter time?

Plant after your outdoor temp has reached 50 degrees without going below it again for the year.

Start your seedlings indoors and move them outside for a few hours each day until they are acclimated to the sunlight.

You'll do fine.

The 90+ won't hurt them as long as the root system stays cooler. Make sure you plant them nice and deep in good aerated soil.

stonybud said:
Plant after your outdoor temp has reached 50 degrees without going below it again for the year.

and here that was going to be my line :rofl:

ok thanks because i've been reading how 70's is the ideal temp and stuff so i was worried that if it was that hot it would hurt the plants but i guess not lol thanks for the help time to do more reading until its time to plant

You can start growing when you snatch the pebble from my hand young grassmoker.

Stunzeed..

here you go guy here is a [thread=9394]grow-guide[/thread] that will help you along the way as well as some [thread=3036]helpfull-info[/thread] on outdoor growing.

Latest posts

Back