when?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbl1119

Reaction score
at what age should i top my plants. I have seen many tall skinny plants on here and i have heard that pinching the top will help the growth and also increase your yeild. so i am asking when should i start and how often? also with these tops i pic can i start another plant with it and how?:ccc: :ccc: :ccc: :48: :48: :48: :48: :48: :afroweed:

how old and how big are ur plants? and do u have any pics by the way?

my plants are only bout 8 weeks old and have like 6 sets of leaves on them. no pics man all i have is a cell phone but dont know how to take a pic and get it to the computer?

not sure, but wait until it has 8 nodes, take the top 3 for your cutting then you will have 5 nodes with2 branches each. thats 10 main budsites. but i dont think this increases your yeild, if anything, you deminish your harvest each time you top. it stresses your plant, and it stops growing so it can recover.

i topped my plant at about 6 to 8 inches, just pinched the top with fingers not finger nails fingers, split it off to two main branches, mine is still going so i cant tell about yield or anything, but i tried it and it seems to be doing just fine. not tall and skinny about 2 foot tall and bushy growing buds everywhere, good luck

yeah i know when i do my outdoor plants i usally start pinching the top from when it has 3-4 nodes because if say you have a plant thats 10 inches or so hih an you top it once then it will more than likely grow to be too top heavy an the yeild thing i think sometimes you can get more because you have say if ya top once double the heads which theorecticaly means double the buds.have ya seen the pic of my outdoor girl that i got 40ounces off i started topping her early as.....but yeah thats just my 2cents worth

Latest posts

Back