where do i get black strap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daf

up in smoke!!!
Reaction score
how do i use it and when to use it, thanx

get unsulphured molasses like the pic i got. and from what the guys say is put two table spoons to a gallon of water. water as normal

mollasses.jpg

Reactions: daf
I got it at wal mart in the animal feed section. Feed stores also carry it. You can get a gallon jug cheap and it last a long time.

evening ya ll ok so the molasses gives your cured bud a little bit of a sweat taste right. but when do u add it to the mix.

i get mine at an organic food store and it is certified organic but it is anything but cheap, it is actually rather expensive... You want to make sure that you are getting blackstrap and not just unsulfered, as that grandma's is not blackstrap, it is unboiled cane juice molasses which retains the majority of the sugar and has very little nutriential value

You want blackstrap and actual blackstrap can be hard to find... Check health food stores

Also i use it at about 1tbls per gallon every second water or so

i buy it at the local grocery store.as stated it needs to be BLACKSTRAP molasses.cheap product that stinks to me.but works

massproducer sounds like u are growing in soil. But what if u are growing hydro. BUT when do u use it. when u are in flower????????????????

yeah and it really messes with your ph in hydro because of the microbes

I used grandmas worked fine for me i think the sugars is what the plant absorbs its like premade food its not suppose have much NPK value but it has effienct micronutrients grandmas always good for me i just dont use it until flower because mass is right you really cant read PH if you dont have a digi PH tester which i dont use

thank u very much for that 411 .But i dont think i wont any now

Well no, the sugar is not absorbed by the plants, what it does is create a higher amount of sugars in the medium so that the plant doesn't have to transfer the sugars it creates to the roots to even out the levels in the plants and in the medium, but sugar is not absorbed per say... The biggest and most important part of feeding molasses as opposed to any other sugar source is the fact that molasses contains not only carbs but it also contains a full compliment of of essential trace elements and micro nutes, as well as awsome amounts of K and a little P...

Yes any type of molasses is not going to hurt your plants and is actually going to be somewhat benefical, but you want to use the best, most nutrient rich molasses you can get, and yes it is all about the mineral levels, for example blackstrap contains like 10-15% calcium and magnesium, grandma's is no where close to that because it is basically fancy molasses, that has been unboiled... Grandma's and blackstrap are on the entire different side of the coin... Grandma's is the sweetest and least nutrient rich with the highest sugar content, while Blackstrap is the least sweet, almost bitter tasting, it has the lowest sugar content and the highest nutrient values...

Hydromanic you are going to have to do some more research on molasses, we have a sticky I think from the 3LBs, you should read through that so you understand the benefits of molasses

HydroManiac said:
I used grandmas worked fine for me i think the sugars is what the plant absorbs its like premade food its not suppose have much NPK value but it has effienct micronutrients grandmas always good for me i just dont use it until flower because mass is right you really cant read PH if you dont have a digi PH tester which i dont use

i get this @ our local grocery store ( village market ). it's Brer Rabbit, unsulphered blackstrap molasses.
i n each tablespoon (15 ml)
sodium = 25mg
potassium = 240mg
total carbs = 14g
sugars = 10g
calcium = 20 percent
iron = 25 percent
magnesium = 25 percent

all this for $3.09. oh and i also use 1 tbsp per gal. every other feed...bb...

Thats what i'm talking about... I wish we stocked brer rabbit where I am... The only difference with what I buy is that it is Kosher, 100% USDA certified organic

It has different percentages of things then yours as well, mine is very high in potassium and has no sodium whatsoever

In each 22g Tbsp:

calaries = 60
Fat = 0
Sodium = 0mg
carbohydrate = 14g
Sugars = 10g
Protein = 0
Potassium = 730 mg
Calcium = 115 mg
Iron = 15% daily value (Human)
Magnesium = 8% daily value (Human)
Vitamin B6 = 10% daily value (Human)

But this stuff costs $12 a liter, but is certified organic and fair trade, so it works better for me as i am trying to keep EVERYthing certified organic, i am also very impressed with the amount of potassium that is in the organic types of blackstrap, and because they do not add any minerals to organic blackstrap, you get the added benefit of no sodium...

yeah Massp, this does seem to have alot of sodium in it. 25 percent based on a 2000 cal. diet.
i'd trade up on some descent soil if i could. best we got is pro-mix, which isnt too bad once you add your other goodies...bb...

Latest posts

Back