Who has the best deal on "Cool-Tubes" now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pcduck said:
Stoney make sure you use insulated duct works. That should also help with the heat.

Thanks Duck! Yep, I'm getting the kind with the full insulation around the ducting. I figured it would be needed to prevent condensation dripping.

I use the solid duct work(better airflow) wherever I can, then cut the insulation to fit. They even sell wrap around insulation for the tight spots. Besides helping the heat factor it also helps with fan/air noise.:bong::48:

pcduck said:
I use the solid duct work(better airflow) wherever I can, then cut the insulation to fit. They even sell wrap around insulation for the tight spots. Besides helping the heat factor it also helps with fan/air noise.:bong::48:

WHAT? WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE DAMN FANS! :holysheep:

Hahahahahaahaha

Any noise reduction will be welcome also! :D

Oh and I like and use

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/

for most of my needs. Great customer service on their end with me.:48:

pcduck said:
Oh and I like and use

hXXp://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/

for most of my needs. Great customer service on their end with me.:48:

Thanks man! I have a Hydro store 50 miles away. I like to shop there whenever possible. I can look up prices on the net and if after the "to-the-door prices are calculated, they'll match or beat them in the store while I'm there.

Sometimes, I don't feel like driving there, so I shop via the net. I've saved that link.

StoneyBud

good luck on getting the temps down w/o an AC but the higher cfm the better. you could always use a speed controller and reduce the speed during lights off to reduce the noise.

how close are the flower rooms? could you use a larger cfm fan and cool both rooms? i know nothing about running or linking multiple flower rooms but if your just exhausting the heat from the lights and the rooms are close then i dont see where there would be any problems.

how long you taking your Pre98 Bubba? im taking mine to 65 or 70 days and its very good meds.

Super Silver Haze said:
StoneyBud

good luck on getting the temps down w/o an AC but the higher cfm the better. you could always use a speed controller and reduce the speed during lights off to reduce the noise.

how close are the flower rooms? could you use a larger cfm fan and cool both rooms? i know nothing about running or linking multiple flower rooms but if your just exhausting the heat from the lights and the rooms are close then i don't see where there would be any problems.

how long you taking your Pre98 Bubba? I'm taking mine to 65 or 70 days and its very good meds.

Well, I'll have an A/C unit (24K BTU) that will cool the main growing are room that is between all the other rooms. It's the half of the "bedroom" that wasn't converted to flowering rooms.

One 500 CFM fan will pull the air from the two flowering rooms through a Can100 air filter and blow it out into the main room.

Each flowering room will have three 430 watt HPS cool tubes that are plumbed from the main room, through the lights and back into the main room again to be cooled by the 24K BTU A/C unit.

I'm hoping that by using a dedicated fan to pull through the lights and another dedicated fan to pull from the rooms and clean the air, that the combination of the two fans will provide enough cooling to the flowering rooms to keep them at their needed temps.

We'll be seeing soon. I have to space out the purchases right now. Low on money for now. Until I can do it right, I have to do it the old fashioned way by opening the doors during "lights on" and putting a fan in the doorway.

It'll get there. One piece at a time.

I'll be taking the P98BK to 70 days of flowering. It seems to max it out best for the pheno I have.

I just spent a few hours LSTing all the taller branches down so they are even across the entire canopy. I'm on day 3 of 70.

im a few days in on a 2 wk flush, out of meds and down to some edibles so i might take one @ 65 to get some smoke.

lst should treat you nice on the bubba.

i feel ya on having to buy equipment as you grow. im just getting back to work and over the last few years i had to buy stuff a little each month. now ill be able to get a tent and automate my whole grow.

good luck controlling the temps.

Super Silver Haze said:
good luck controlling the temps.

Thanks man! I'll get there! I've done the "fan in the doorway" thing for so long, it feels like old-home-week now. Ha!

77.4F right now. Perfect.

This will work until MO-MONEY comes in.

Hey SB,
I had a similar problem with heat & smell a few months ago.
My situation was a 4ft x 6ft x 8ft space with 2x600W HPSand a carbon filter.
My temps were high 80's, occasionally into the 90's with a smell to match.
I got 2 x 6" cool tubes a 715m3/h fan and 10M of ducting to go with my existing lights and 5" 240m3/h fan.
They are chained starting with carbon filter mounted on the ceiling in the centre of the room, to cooltube1 to fan to cooltube 2 to exhaust.
The 5" fan is drawing fresh air from the crawl space under the room as well as the 6" setup drawing in air from the unpartitioned space.
My temps are now 72/80 and the smell has gone.

You will have slightly more W with 3 x 430W opposed to my 2 x 600W but I have a filter also which you are intending to run separately. As you will have seen, I dont draw in cool air for cooling, I use ambient room temps for the cooling and manage to keep the temps in range. So, I would think it should drop your temps enough.
These are my cooltubes (hxxp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cool-tube-Cooltube-BIG-Reflector-Air-Cooled-NEW-OUT-/250772078416?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBu lbs_JN&hash=item3a632e3f50 ) not those with the tiny little reflectors on top.

Good luck fella.
W

Thank you, WoodyDude. Those are damn fine cool tubes. I see that they don't ship to the USA, so I'll have to try searching for them here in the states.

Its great to hear that you got such great results while using ambient air for the flow. That convinces me that using the outside room air will work for me.

While I was constructing the system, it stayed in the back of my mind that the heat might be an issue. The only way to prove it, was to try without the cool tubes first.

If anyone knows of a place in the USA that sells the larger reflector cool tube like this one, I'd sure appreciate the information.

Large-Reflector-Cool-Tube.jpg

Latest posts

Back