who is ammending FFOF soil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peaceful

Reaction score
Switching up to FFOF soil for my grow. I have read that it is perfect as is from some. I have also read that some modify it heavily. Thought I would ask in a dedicated thread who is using it as is and who has modified it through experience for better results. My garden has a height limit of 3' tall finished plants. Therefore I am only using 3gal containers. I like Umbra's formula and he grows some outrageous girls, but, does it have to be that complicated?

Just to kick this off, here is Umbra's formula:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']"my growing needs are defined by space. i'm in a box, so when i mix my soil i use 2 5 gallon buckets. as i said before i use fox farm ocean forest as a base. I fill the 5 gal bucket 1/2 way with ffof then add 1 cup of dolimite lime and 2 cups of coarse perlite. 1 gal of coco ( i'm using b'cuzz coco coir), 1/2 gal of worm casting, 1/2 gal bat guano, 1/4 cup epsom salt, and 1/8 cup seaweed/kelp extract. i mix back and forth from one bucket to the next until its fully mixed. i water with mloaases water that is ph adjusted using fulvic acid. using ff nutes at 1/4 strength every 3 watering. still using air pots. i have 10 clones in 3 gal containers. plants are 12" to 18" tall and are comsuming 1 gal of water every 3 days. temp is 78 w/rh @38% ph 6.3-6.5"[/FONT]
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thanks in advance. And as always, Peace[/FONT]

wow!:holysheep: You can use ffof without all the amendments. The soil itself is good for 2 to 3 weeks into a grow and then some nutes are neccessary. I always used the ff nutes for soil. I would still add additional perlite and some dolomite to the soil. Start nutes at 1/4 to 1/2 strength and build up from there. This should be good enough for a good grow. All the ammedments in the soil are to eliminate using nutes and to get grow and yield equal to hydro. But the secret is myco, trichderma, and EM.

Latest posts

Back