Why the paper towel method?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetnug

Reaction score
I never could understand the paper towel method. It makes no sense to me at all. I can get a plant to sprout in 2 days if I plant in soil or rockwool. It takes 1-3 days to get full germ in a paper towel. I can have them already started growing by then. To me its a total waste of time. Could someone steer me in a different direction, I would be open to comments

because it works.
and theres a higher rate of seeds popped.
in soil theres a better chance your seed will not pop....theres not much heat when it is in soil....harder to keep the mouisture right....not steril....
you can check on it when its in paper towel.....in soil its hard to check on it...you got to did it up...then re sow......paper towel is better...
dont get me wrong soil works....but w/e

i have seeds pop in 24 hours, then sprout above soil in 2 more days..so in 3 days i have a sprout.

I do understand the method. I guess its more a personal thing. I am not saying it doesn't work don't get me wrong. I just have had a great success rate just planting them. It is easier or me. :D

I here that. It is so great to have a site like this because you can get SO many different opinions. So many have grown great harvests in extremely different elements and achieved great harvests. And it truly shows that it is what works for your situation.

ya man, theres alot of different possibilities too.
so many different set ups, lights, soil, dro, strains...and theres a whole science behind MJ.....so much to learn.
i have been on MJ forums for years now, and i still learn something about every day.

Thats the truth man. You seem like you understand and not many really do. Its a simple game but you must have the knowledge to start. I learned everything from reading and a lot from experience.

Get the indoor bible by jorge cervantes, and put it by your crapper. You'll be a pro grower in no time!

Latest posts

Back