Why you shouldn't buy feminized seeds....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
So is basing your assumption on one breeders genetics and Feminizing method :) She was refering to the feminizing methods described above, perhaps Magus uses a better method?
No offense, just a point :)

Any increased chance of a hermie is too much IMO.

Hey Rockseter, any chance you could read my response to your post above? You obviously know a lot on the subject so I was wondering if my response to your initial post was correct or if my thinking is off again.
Thank you.

As regards better methods of reversal that lead to lower hermie rates,well,I don't think there are any and as far as I am aware,reversal chems produce seeds identical(in terms of their XY condition) to a seed produced by the plant itself from a few late nana's.

I'm reading up on the XY mechanism for hemp atm,given that I've got selfed Cheese seeds maturing on the plant as I type so am swotting up a bit and it's not really(yawn)rivetting reading!

But I do know that breeders do not like sharing their reversal techniques,including STS chemical strength,dunno why but they don't.

Heck,I eyeballed the last lot just making sure of an excess of the minimum concentration specified as the excess is harmless but I was worried for a while thinking this could trigger a full on hermie but after making enquiries found this to not be so.

I'm not into femmed seeds but have had to use reversal as a possible route in isolating the Cheese chemotype.

Thanks Rockster, as usual your post shows genuine intelligence and insight on the subject.

I've tried getting into the reading myself in order to get a better understanding of breeding, but as you say, it is boring and frankly I find it beyond my 4th grade understanding of botany and genetics :)

In trying to isolate the Cheese chemotype, since as you say you only have it in female clone form, why not just breed it with a cheese cross like CheesexC99 that shows mostly cheese characteristics, find the offspring that display the most cheese characteristics, and then backbreed with cheese to bring out more cheese characteristics? Is there something that degrades the cheese in doing so? Obviously you can't get true cheese but you could get pretty close. Is there something about the cheese that makes you want it isolated with no other influence, other than being able to get a pure cheese strain?

I have been reading up on the "FEM" seeds lately on how their produced and this is what I have come to the conclusion on. Correct me if I'm wrong. Mother Nature through evolution created Hermaphordites to insure that life would go on, in certain species and plants. IE.. some amphibians (frogs) and some plants (Marijuana) do not need the opposite sex to breed, "IF" the conditions in their area are unsuitable for breeding. This may range from a number of things wrong for suitable breeding environments, No males present to breed with, To much rain, Not enough rain, Not enough food, Too much food, PH stress ect... Now we all know a plant will herm if put through enough stress, thats 1 of the reasons we try to obtain near perfect growing conditions for our plants, to prevent herms. In MJ there are diff. techniques I have read about on how to purposely herm a plant for it's pollen sacks (nanners) to appear. Chemical stress not sure of the name of chem, but read your not suppose to smoke the bud from the plant you spray, just collect it's seeds. Light Stress, caused from interupting the light cycle 1/2 way through the dark cycle for 1 hour for 1st 3 weeks flowering neither of these 2 methods are natural they are man made conditions. And then there's letting the plant go past harvest window, as if it were left out in the field without harvesting it, and waiting until it throws nanners. Ok so now it would be common scence to know, that if your growing a plant in perfect or near perfect conditions and then say 2 or 3 weeks into flower the plant herms on you, you have a "TRUE" hermaphordite, by genetic standards. The seeds this plant would make, would have strong herm traits to pass on to next generation, then to the next and so on,these are the ones we do not want to use to breed with. Now I have read some diff. opinions around the net on which technique is the right(or best) way to produce the "special pollen" to create fem seeds. The first 2 methods I mentioned above, in most dissusions I have read some say that seeds produced from pollen with these methods tends to carry over "slightly" more of the herm traits than the host mother carried in her genes. But the 3rd method I mentioned some lay claim that, by letting the plants go past harvest window and letting her throw nanners, collecting the pollen from said nanners and pollinating a clone from host pollen doner. The seeds that the clones will produce will have very very little if any more hermi traits than the mother plant did and also have very little if any traits lost than the mother plant, because this pollen was collected because of using natures way of producing pollen from a female plant. And these seed are considered "True Feminized" seeds as they are suppose to create more female plants when grown than they would if they had been pollinated by a true male or either of the 1st 2 methods mentioned. IMO the 3rd method would be they way to go, if you intended to make your own Fem seeds. For some reason it would seem more natural to use Natures method. If you look at nature, animals for example there are far more females than males this is one of natures ways to insure life goes on. 1 male can breed many many females, so I would think that if nature intended for life to keep moving on then it would produce more females than males or hermaphordites whether it be animal or plants. Or is my thought of the process wrong? And is a herm a herm no matter what way you look at it?...take care..

Sir_Tokie said:
If you look at nature, animals for example there are far more females than males this is one of natures ways to insure life goes on. 1 male can breed many many females, so I would think that if nature intended for life to keep moving on..

I tried using this same argument with my fiance to explain why I should be able to sleep with other women, but it didn't work :)
Thanks for the input Toke

NYC_Diesel x Jack_Herer said:
I tried using this same argument with my fiance to explain why I should be able to sleep with other women, but it didn't work :)
Thanks for the input Toke
hahaha priceless

Latest posts

Back