Wilma 4 pot system

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sparkie

Reaction score
Hi, was thinking about adding a 2nd water pump and drippers to my wilma 4 pot system for extra feeding, what do you all think to that???

So 2 water pumps and 2 drippers per plant, I can only think of pro's to the idea rather than cons but does anyone have further feedback on this??

Never used a drip system,,so im not sure. Why,,are they not happy? Not sure of your medium,,but I would just say make sure they have good drainage.

WeedHopper said:
Never used a drip system,,so im not sure. Why,,are they not happy? Not sure of your medium,,but I would just say make sure they have good drainage.

They are the most healthiest plants going, been topped huge & nice & bushy, always thinking of ways for a bigger yield, medium coco pebbles hydro system, 1.2 m grow tent with digital temp heating cooling control & lighting control thru a 1000w hps system cool tube , learning so quickly :) cheers guys

I wouldn't think you would need a second watering system for that system. If anything, you could run your watering system more often or even on constant, just make sure that you are putting maximum aeration into the water so that you don't drown the roots. I wouldn't run more than the one watering system if it can keep the medium wet when run continuous. JMO :)

Hushpuppy said:
I wouldn't think you would need a second watering system for that system. If anything, you could run your watering system more often or even on constant, just make sure that you are putting maximum aeration into the water so that you don't drown the roots. I wouldn't run more than the one watering system if it can keep the medium wet when run continuous. JMO :)

My res has a an air pump and air stone to keep plenty of oxygen in the tank, my water system always runs continuous , I think by running a second pump on the opposite side of my 18 litre pots will help the roots on the opposite side of the pots to gain on sone of this water n nutes :)

I gotcha,,Yep it probably wouldnt hurt. I thought they made some kinda Drip Ring that goes around the plants?

Yeah a drip ring would work pretty good, but it depends on the amount of water pressure that your pump is putting out. My top feed lines(can't call them drip lines) are pushed with a 160gph pump and water pours out of them so fast that my planters/coco are fully soaked within 2 minutes. I have them set to come on every 3hrs.

Sparkie, if your drippers are very slow(and literally drip) then a second dripper line/pump on each one would serve you(and the plants) :)

Thanks for the info, my pump at the min is running 24/7 at 500 litres an hour, I now have 2 drip lines per plant after t ing off the original 4 lines, I'm upgrading to a 1000litre an hour pump to double up on feeding :)

Latest posts

Back