window growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobshibby

Reaction score
i hope i find all in good mood today,its a beauty of a day here.my question is;;ive moved my plants from flouros to my window and they just love the sunlight,the window i have them at only gets direct sunlight for about 3-4 hours per day,which i think is good as it doesnt burn my leaves,and keeps a good temp,so when there is not direct sunlight on my plants are they getting enough light at the window?.also i put up a net curtain to offer them some shade when the sunlight is directly on them,is this a good idea or should i just let them have the direct sunlight?.cheers peeps.

my personal growing style (and mind you this is only what I do,others may have other ideas) is i place them outside in full sun for the first week of growth. as soon as i pop them in the soil, out on the porch they go to soak up some natural light. i've never had issues with burning or wilting due to the direct sunlight. you'll get a bit of stretching doing this but as long as you limit the time they are being forced to 'reach' for the light (i.e. putting them under thier lights as soon as dusk sets in), i think the nautral light is a blessing..i'd let em have it full force though,forget the curtain.
as always this is just my humble opinion :)
MamaG

would the intensity of the sun shining through double glazed windows act like a magnifying glass,i have the windows open during the day and a fan blowing to keep them cool?.

Nope, double glazed windows form an insulation for the heat or cold so it doesnt come in, if ithey are flat square windows, then the answer is no. it will not magnify the light..

Latest posts

Back