Won't stop raining

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MennoTheWise

Purplehorn
Reaction score
Hey guys this is a bit of problem. I have been all over the net and cant seem to find this specific question answered.

My plants are coming up on a month. I am doing a full on organic, outdoor grow in garden soil which for the most part has been highly educational and enjoyable (apart from some fairly devastating slug attacks!) I have been getting quite a lot of rain and havent had to water in over a week or so, which is fine with me because if Mother Nature can do my job for me all the better :D

Here is the problem. My plants are starting to look a little hungry for some nitrogen (starting to yellow a bit). Considering their age as well, I think it is about time to add something. With all the rain though I don't want to overwater the plants when I am trying to add some nutes.

Have any other outdoor growers had this specific problem? If so how have you overcome it?

N.B. This may seem like a dumb question but does rain really water a plant properly? I think it depends on how heavy it rains because often I think it doesn't get deep down to the roots of the plant.

Hello MennoTheWise :)

Yes rain waters your plant enough, yes you can feed them, no you wont over water them :aok:

Rain soaks down to the watertable unless it is heavy and continuous and the soil becomes waterlogged.

Slugs and snails are a battle I have every year too :(

Is it unusual for your weather to rain so much at this time of year?

:peace:

It depends. I live in Ireland and you know the weather here. Rain one minute sunshine the next! Soil is semi-dry now so I think I'm gonna water this evening even though there is rain expected tomorrow. They need some nutes already!

Thanks for the clearcut answers as always Hippy!

weather is pretty simalar to yours ,,,,but i just feed them once aweek regardless of how much rain they have had ,,:peace:

You could always foliar feed them if they aren't budding; which they shouldn't in the middle of summer.

Latest posts

Back