yeast co2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i heard someone say if you dump a 5lb bag of sugar and a packet of yeast into a bucket of water and put it near your plants it will give off c02 until the sugar has desolved

and...
would makin wine have the same effect?
maybe have a tube from the top of the demijon into the grow room
or is that a daft idea?

LOL! yeast! why dont you just try breathing on them!

Yeast and sugar will produce CO2 and will not harm your plants, If it produces enough CO2 economicly is still up for debate.

blunt man said:
Hey is the yeast CO2 container a good idea or does it hurt the plants.

:rolleyes: It does NOT hurt, it is very good for plants. I have been doing it for almost 30 yrs, from my 1st indoor grow. I heard about it in the 1st growing mj book I read in early 1970's. I have been making beer longer, but only started using its co2 bi product for my plants in 1976. My Plants love the co2, it is very obvious from the start. Faster growing, better yields. Strength of the thc seems about the same, just more of it.

I read somewhere, in my college chemistry book I think, that using yeast, sugar and water, the fermentation process gives off 1/2 the initial weight of the sugar as co2. 5# of sugar will yield 2.5 # of co2. sugar isnt cheap, so I make beer out of mine, as it gives off the same co2, whether I dump it or recyle it once more as beer.

Try it you will like it, so will your plants.:D

Latest posts

Back