Yellow spotting on fan leaves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkHorse007

Reaction score
Im having a little bit of a problem with one of my plants. its is a little over a month old and is a nirvana bubblelicious. it has been like this for about a week but hasnt gotten any worse since about four days ago but i thought i would check with the experts just to be safe. The fan leaves have got yellow or burn like spots all over them but only on the fan leaves the new growth and upper growth has not been affected and it is still growing. also i had watered my plants with grow big and big bloom a few days before this happened so could it be nute burn? ive never see it affect a plant in this manner before though
thanks let me know your thoughts

sorry pics arent the best my camera is a little over powered for closeups

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0058.jpg

tell us a bit more about your operation. Whats your medium? I'm assuming your still in veg......How much Grow Big and Big Bloom did they receive? Have you checked the pH? Looks a bit like iron def at first glance - but thats a shot in the dark

my thoughts say your correct on nute burn...what is the medium?...maybe all ready has organics in it...and they wasnt ready for the Nutes..looks like a Nitro burn..should grow out of it..and be sure its in check prior to flowering...take care and be safe

i wouldn't go as far as nute burn but rather a toxic salt build up in your medium which happens when increase of nutrients are used and plant doesn't;t use them in time the excess nutrients in medium turn to salt which is the case here
nutrient burns start at tips of leafs and work there way inward in pictures you supplied doesn't;t really show that????
It's occuring all over the leaf

your fix is flush medium with proper ph and a very light dosage of food as to not effect osmosis, Give it a few days and she will start to grow again the leafs infected are as good as goners lol look at new growth

im using fox farm ocean forest, i used four tablespoons of the big bloom and two of the grow big per 1 gallon of water as the feeding schedule recommended for this growth stage but it was the first time i had fed them

yes i am stiil in veg stage i also noticed when i looked at them again this afternoon two other plants have similar leaf issues but only on one or two fan leaves

thanks

Your nutes are a bit hot for the first feeding. Although Fox farms schedule is relatively predictable, starting the feedings with this strong a dose probably burned them up a bit. You need to build a nutrient program. If you to graph your schedule, it should curve to a maximum and then taper off toward the end of the flowering cycle. A sudden spike will stress them out.

If they continue to decline I recommend flushing them soon w/ pH balanced water followed by a mild feeding of balanced nutrients.

Latest posts

Back