Yellowing of seedlings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larnek

Reaction score
First time grow here, bagseed started out as a learning experiment. Plants will hit the 2 week mark tomorrow (Friday June 6th). All was going well well until about 2 days ago when I noticed some slight yellowing of two of the plants. Plants were all planted equally in MG mix that was used outside. Took some soil from outdoor garden to see how it would work. Light is 2 40 watt 6500k fluoro's at 2950 lumens each and 2 I think 2300K CFLs, a 1900 lumen and a 1750 lumen. Lights are 24 hours right now with fan oscillating on them. Moved the lights away for the pics but they sit right about an inch off the plants. No heat that I can feel. 2 plants seem to be doing fine, 1 has a little yellowing, 1 lots of yellowing on seed leaves not much growth compared to the rest. So I'm wondering if you guys think this is an overwatering issue or a lack of nutes issue. No nutes have been given other than what may have been in soil, don't have bag so can't give any good details. Watering on the other hand, I was watering every few days maybe 3-4, top of soil was fairly dry but I think I may have done it too often still. Any help appreciated! 2 pics of yellow ones, 1 of the two that are doing fine.

yellow.JPG

yellowside.JPG

notyellow.JPG

mg soil givin you ph problem...and welcome to mp...and ya, stop watering and transplant into fox farms ocean forest IMO. got drainage?

first off..welcome to MP my friend..and GREAT choice of starter seeds...I would say no nutes if you are useing MG..it has time release nutes in that last 3 months...I would go and get yourself some good organic potting soil and trasplant them..also mix 50/50 perlite..also invest in a moister meter it looks like you are over watering a bit..those little ones and the lights you are runing, your soil wont dry out for a week ( or more ) ..IMO..you want the soil to dry out completely before watering/feeding..every time..also how about some more info on your grow area...what size?.area?..those lights my need to be changed for flower..all though lots here have flowered with cfl/flor..well enough for now..Good luck and keep us posted

K, sounds like my plans are good ones so far then. I have the fox farms ocean queued up to buy, but have been trying to find it locally to keep from paying shipping, no luck yet. Speaking of which, anyone know about how much soil needed for a 3 gallon pot? Would a 35 lbs bag of ocean mix fill 3-4 pots? As for the area right now it is semi open normal sized bathroom tub. So approx 4x2x9. Currently divided off by tin foil (bad I know) to keep as much in as possible until I make a proper setup. Bathroom is unused so light cycle won't be an issue when it comes along. Plan is to veg for about 4 weeks if I get decent growth after transplant. I'm thinking I will attempt flowering this first time with fluoros and CFLs, probably at least 4 more CFLs, maybe change fluoros to lower K factor too. I've been tempted to get like a 150-250w HPS for flowering but I think I'll wait for a real strain for that. I'm gonna let these dry out some for the next week and then see about transplanting, hoping for the besT! :woohoo:

Latest posts

Back