You wanna help me put my closet together?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homegrown998

Reaction score
I got about 5.3 sf to work with, 19.5" deep, 39.5" wide, and 8 ' tall. I plan on getting a 250 watt hps, that would be more than 5000 lumins a sf. Well the first question I have is how much heat does a 250 put out, I'm going to try to either get a cooltube or a easycool 6 reflector, but still the space is small and it probably wont take much to raise the air temp. So I need to figure out how to vent the closet. What I'm worried about is the fact that I cant get any outside fresh air in, the closet is in the middle of the house. My outtake can go up through the ceiling but I'm not sure about the intake. If I drill a whole in the bottom back wall that would not be vary fresh air it would be just the air behind the drywall would that even help at all? The only other thing I could do is drill a whole in the door for the intake, but the wouldn't be vary stealthy and it would let light in so I'm stuck.

do you have a crawl space below the closet?..if you do cut a 4 inch hole threw the floor..save this round part for reinstalling if need be later..get yourself 2 @ 4 inch 90 degree bends and create an "S" Light travels in a straight line..This will keep light frrom comeing threw the intake vent..this is where you get fresh air..then exhaust out the top as you said..If you havent purchased your light yet may I sugest a 400 conversion cool hood..this is what I would do if I was to use a closet for both veg and flower..just my thaughts..and yes I will help you..just shout..and feel free to visit my grows..Good luck

man.. you kind of lost me at "get yourself 2 @ 4 inch 90 degree bends and create an s " :confused:

ok im sorry do you know what vent pipe is? and the bendable parts you buy for them? if you takeTwo 90 degree bends and you conect them togather in opposite directions you make an "S" in the pipe pieces..please look at my Fall Frow at the begining I show my intake vents........just pulling air out of a stud bay..( Between drywall ) isnt going to be efficient..we need to bring fresh air in..what other options..can we go threw the closet wall and go to extior wall..maybe a window? what about pulling fresh air from a roof vent? This will require some inline fans to help push the air..just bring it down the opposite side of the exhaust. and bring it to the bottom of closet..? Trying to help

or you could just open the door and have a fan blowing air in from right outside the closet...

The closet is built on a interior wall pretty much right in the middle of the house on the second floor. So, you got me thinking about drilling a whole in the ceiling right now, so i can shine a light up there and see whats up there if there is a vent to the roof then problem solved, if not.. well do you think a air cooled hood and putting a in line fan in the closet door might work? I know its not fresh air but its still better than the stud bay. Theres gotta be a way to make this work. Hey, thanks you have ben a big help 4u2smoke, you got me motivated

BudsBuds said:
or you could just open the door and have a fan blowing air in from right outside the closet...
That would be ok temporarily but I kind of want it to be all closed in and i might not always be here to move the fan and shut the door when the lights go out. but thanks

Do you you think if I vent in through the door and out through the ceiling it would still be too hot? I was hoping to use a 250 with a cool tube, or a air cooled hood, but I have no idea how hot they get.

i would think your temps will be fine with a 250,only way too really know is too try it out,if it stays 85 or under you will be fine with no worries :)

homegrown998 said:
The closet is built on a interior wall pretty much right in the middle of the house on the second floor. So, you got me thinking about drilling a whole in the ceiling right now, so i can shine a light up there and see whats up there if there is a vent to the roof then problem solved, if not.. well do you think a air cooled hood and putting a in line fan in the closet door might work? I know its not fresh air but its still better than the stud bay. Theres gotta be a way to make this work. Hey, thanks you have ben a big help 4u2smoke, you got me motivated

I wouldn't recommend tying any of your closet ventilation into any existing vents in your attic. During the winter, you could pull cool air from the attic into your grow space (or through your light if need be) and have it exhaust through an exhaust in the closet door. In the summer, the air from the attic will be too hot to use, so this is only a wintertime plan. I have different ventilation set-ups dependent on the time of year.

Well maybe I should have two intakes, one in the door for summertime and one in the ceiling for winter. I can use one or both depending on the temp. of the day. Now I'm thinking about just using the closet for veg, and maybe getting a tent to flower in. I just don't think that would be any better because I would still need a source of outside fresh air.

Latest posts

Back