Home Sweet Home :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FloydBanks

Reaction score
Okay, I got myself all situated in my new apartment, good stuff, good space. I've got a few bagseed undersome soil, and I've got one of my good snowberry seeds germing going on day 3, with a nice little taproot coming out of her (we hope). Let the growing begin!

Good for you FB. I look forward to following your grow.

Ok, I've been busy arranging furniture/livin up the new place, and havn't been here in a few days, but this morning my snowberry sprouted through the soil. It was funny because I almost didn't notice it... I went to sprinkle some water on the top of the soil like i have been the last few days... and noticed a little reddish thing sticking out... and low and behold, it's popped up! So, I quickly assembled my grow tubs, plugged in the lights/carbon filter, and I've got her under them for day 1 of veg :)
On the other hand, the 3 bagseeds have not popped through their respected soils yet, I don't have much hope for them.

P.S.
If a mod reads this, and wants to move it to the grow journal section, that'd be ok with me :)

VEG Day 6: I took some pictures this morning of my box, and of the plant. I need to download an image editor on this new computer, so I can resize them for this site, so I'll do that later because I have class in a bit, but I don't know if it's growing as fast as it should be... so if anyone wants to give me some reassurance after I post pics later today, that'd ease my mind.
I'm only growing one because none of my bagseed sprouted, hopefully I'm not wasting my time with a dude.

cool man, you should start this in the "grow journal" section. aah.. always nice getting a fresh start in a new home huh! :D

Okay, here's some pics. The first one is the grow box, the next 2 are the ones I took yesterday, and the last 2 are ones I took just now. She's getting bigger everyday. (this is my first grow too)

IMG_0114.JPGIMG_0115.JPGIMG_0118.JPGIMG_0120.JPGIMG_0121.JPG

Well, it's the 16th of April, it was snowing pretty hard last night... got that storm that swept across the northeast, and it's raining/windy right now... real windy.
I just checked on my girl again... and I was going to take pics, but really it hasn't changed much since the last pics I took. It got maybe a few millimeters taller... the leaves havn't gotten any bigger, and I havn't watered her since 2 mornings ago (no drooping yet, tho). This is crazy, it's like day 10 of veg and the thing is still like only an inch tall with tiny fan leaves.
Has this ever happened to anyone before? And, does anyone have any suggestions for me?

I'm going to stick another 2 VHS box set under it and try to get it even closer to the fluro's to see if that helps at all.

hey man nice to see ya have a journal going . I was wondering about your box . looks very "make-shift " and is not stealth at all . if you are renting stealth should be a concern IMO . not knocking you box tho good to see ya doin it . you need to list all soil , nutes , lights etc.. for anyone to help with why they aint growing . too many factors could dictate this . check out my journal , very stealth box and planted bagseeds round the same time you planted yours . maybe then i can help ya a little . peace man and this is just a friendly obsevation . PEACE:D

Ya, it's in a closet, wasn't going for stealth so much as I was cheap (inexpensive).

For soil I'm just using MG potting soil mixed with some perlite. No nutes have been added. I've got six 26watt CFLs on the top of the box putting out 1600 lumens each. I've got the 2 passive intakes on the bottom, and a computer fan attatched to the carbon scrubber on the top. I made sure to have my intake twice as large as my out take for good ventilation.

yesterday when I checked the leaves seemed to be pointing up, like they were almost folding back in. It was kind of weird... gave it some water, they panned back out by morning. It's still small........ more leaves are starting to pop out tho which is good.. but it's still small.

I'll take/upload some more pics tomorrow when I have time.

Yesterday I stuck a fan in my closet, blowing outwards towards the partially open door because I noticed that it was pretty hot in there... like I started sweating when I went to check on it, and IMHO there's been a huge improvement in the growth of the plant. It's not an overnight giant, but from what it looked like for the first ~10 days (just like the pictures i posted before) it's done significantly better. I'll upload pictures tonight when I get home.

**EDIT** holy cow, I'm glad I'm only using CFL's I can't even imagine what the heat would be like if I had an HPS in that closet.

I took a bunch of pictures today... here's the best one, and by best I mean the only one really in focus, but there's not a whole lot to see other than this anyway, so I think it will do alright.
The two little leaves sticking out of the bottom... they're yellow. It's hard to see in this picture because they are facing towards you, but if you look as low as the leaves go you can kind of see it.

Today is the 15th day since it has popped out of the soil. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

side-4-18-07.jpg

Today's day 20 of veg.... it's grown a little taller (just a few mm), not much bigger tho... i propped it up with a twisty tie and a toothpick today cuz it was falling over a bit..... I'm noticing the fan leaves are a little yellow around the edges... nitrogen deficiency? I duno, the MG says it feeds up to 3 months.. other than that I havn't added any nutes, and the plant is getting any worse... just not getting any better.

Oh, and what's a good time to put it in to a bigger pot? Do u think if I put it in to a 5inch pot it would get any bigger? (it's been in that 3 inch pot since germ)

Floyd,

The thing to remember is that MJ is pretty much proportionate above/below the earth. A 5" pot will not be worth switching to over a 3" pot in my opinion. It will stress the plant for only a few inches of growth.

When you think the above ground portion is a lot bigger than the volume of the pot, you should just switch to your final size pot. I really think that you should just use 1 gallon pots to start then go to 5 gallon buckets. Anything more is overkill (or gross under-utilization) and inefficient. Basically think that the less stress the plant goes through the better it will be able to grow quickly.

Don't know much about the nutrients/soil as MG is pretty much taboo here.

Hope this helps a bit!

ProductiveSmoker said:

Hope this helps a bit!

No its not.. a lot of people here use MG and swear by it.. its more of a preference and budget issues.... i myself have use it on my experimental grow and i have no complaints with it..

ProductiveSmoker said:
Floyd,

The thing to remember is that MJ is pretty much proportionate above/below the earth. A 5" pot will not be worth switching to over a 3" pot in my opinion. It will stress the plant for only a few inches of growth.

When you think the above ground portion is a lot bigger than the volume of the pot, you should just switch to your final size pot. I really think that you should just use 1 gallon pots to start then go to 5 gallon buckets. Anything more is overkill (or gross under-utilization) and inefficient. Basically think that the less stress the plant goes through the better it will be able to grow quickly.

Hope this helps a bit!

I'm not too worried about the MG, as firepower said, a lot of people here do use it....... but if I went right in to my 10 inch pot that I'm going to be using for my final grow, you think that will be the best thing to promote quicker growth? A few days of slowed growth from the stress of transplanting isn't going to bother me too much, I mean it hasn't grown a whole lot so far lol, and other than the slight yellowness of the fan leaves (and really it's just more of a light green/yellow right now)... it looks healthy enough to me, but this is still my first grow attempt where something popped up above the soil, so I'm trying to learn/do the best I can every step of the way.

You know what's funny is the four months I was researching growing, on this site, I got the distinct impression that everyone worth listening to was against MG. They always said it would work, as Firepower pointed out, but there was no way that it was looked on favorably by most of the mods.

I think a 10" pot is way too small for the final stages. I know my plants would have been in a world of hurt after about a month since germination. You really need to plan on at least a three gallon container if you want to realize the full potential of your plant/s.

You mention that a few days of slowed growth won't bother you. I say wait until you are two weeks past the claimed flowering period and you are dying to harvest the stuff, not to mention that it will be another week at least of drying before you smoke it. To me, if you can shave off a few days here and there it's well worth it.

Now I'm not trying to come off like I'm TBG or Stoney or anyone that actually is a guru, but I did a grow on this board a while back with Big Bud and it turned out amazing. It was the best stuff I've ever smoked and I had enough to show up at a party every once in a while and just get everyone blazed in about five minutes (college). Check out my grow journal and I think you'll learn a lot about what you need to stress about and what is actually an integral component of the process.

FloydBanks said:
I'm not too worried about the MG, as firepower said, a lot of people here do use it....... but if I went right in to my 10 inch pot that I'm going to be using for my final grow, you think that will be the best thing to promote quicker growth? A few days of slowed growth from the stress of transplanting isn't going to bother me too much, I mean it hasn't grown a whole lot so far lol, and other than the slight yellowness of the fan leaves (and really it's just more of a light green/yellow right now)... it looks healthy enough to me, but this is still my first grow attempt where something popped up above the soil, so I'm trying to learn/do the best I can every step of the way.

hmm I'm concered as to why after 20 days your plant is still that small. My 6 babbies are 19 days old and are big and bushy now. I too am using Miracle Grow soil, Moister Control to be exact with 3 month plant foot in it.

Latest posts

Back