I think I saved it!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afrikaaner

Reaction score
well fellas, i must say im extremely proud of myself. when i first started germinating my random seeds, that day i bought a bag of northern lights, and found the only seeds in the entire ounce the guy was selling. So i went home and put the seed in its own paper towel so i wouldnt mistake it for the other seeds. It didnt germinate after 4 days, so i decided to take desperate measures. I got out a knife, the only sharp one i have in my apartment (in college so naturally i dont have all the stuff i need), which turns out to be a 10 inch chef's knife, and crack/slice it open on the edge of the seed that has the ridge on it, and successfully get half the "shell" shell off, and plant it
assuming it could take the other half off itself. After another day or so, i was watering the seed and the water sorta washed the dirt i put on top of it off, and i saw parts of the plant were turning green, so i buried only the end of the root that sorta formed. Then yesterday, i took the other half the seed pod off and stuck its root back in. Then this morning, i looked again, and it wasnt openening its first set of leaves, and the what would become the backs of the leaves were turning brown, so i felt this was it, i have to get the first leaves open so it can grow... so i took my trusty chef's knife and a mechanical pencil, and with the knife holding it still, i used the pencil to remove almost a condom like membrane from the leaves, and now they are opening and turning green! so in short, i think i was able to save this plant after 3 surgeries i think, and it will hopefully grow and be the only plant i know the variety of, and a damn good variety at that. hopefully its a female.

ill post pics once my camera battery is charged. stay tuned.

well here they are!! The reason there's another plant in the pot was i wasnt sure if it would survive, so i didnt want to get an extra pot, but i promised my seed if it grew, i would get it its own pot and saucer. Looks like i get to keep my word, and believe me, im not upset at all.

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

Latest posts

Back