Will you Donate for a new Shout Box or Chat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you Donate for a new chat and a private area for paying members?

• NO I will not

• Yes I will Donate $5 Yearly

• Yes I will Donate $10 Yearly

• Yes I will Donate $15 Yearly

• Yes I will Donate $20 Yearly

• Yes I will Donate more then $20 Yearly

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hello

I have a suggestion, its worthy of consideration, a lot of people on this site hugely miss the shout box, it was used for quick morning hello's and simple stoned banter, it was a way of letting people communicate freely and quickly, a place where new people could come and say hello, a place where talkaholics live and a place where quick questions get quick answers without starting a pointless thread just for a 3 word reply never to be used again, the shout gave a lifeline to lonely people who could feel safe and comfortable with like minded adults, it had become an integrated part of the forum, a thing that let this site stand out above others, people are leaving this site and joining other sites because of the importance of interaction verbally (ok typing) in real time and not waiting for hours for someone to reply to a thread, thus my suggestion .....

If Admin charged $1 to join the site and asked all current members to pay $1 it would pay for an upgraded server and the shout could come back, people who refuse to pay can still use the site as guests, and only paid members could access the whole site, shout included (guests can see the shout but not join in), a 'donation' of $1 per year is not a bad idea, no spammers would pay to spam, banned members would not keep paying $1 to come back just for a rant then get banned again, im fully willing to 'donate' $1, $1 is a gesture of willingness to help the site out and the 'donation', we could word it as a 'donation', to further the education of future growers (thanks Banjo :aok: )

All comments welcome, your thoughts are welcome, pro or con, I dont think the Admin realise how important the shout became.

I think that's a fantastic idea HiE. I would definitely be willing to donate a dollar or two a year to use the site. It would allow us to upgrade the servers and get a new shoutbox on the site. It is sorely missed and it would be great if we could get it up and running once again. I believe this would also help to keep underage people from visiting the site since they would have to pay to access the full site features. Hopefully something like this is possible. I anxiously await word from the mods. Hopefully the mods and MP can figure something out. Just my thoughts. Take care and be safe.

he only thing that worries me is the Paypal. Another site I used to frequent had something like this, pay $5 and get access to the elite stuff and paypal shut it down, froze the account.

That's very generous of you guys that you can miss $1 big dollar for this site ;-)

The thing is, a new server is not only more expensive it's a big job to move it too. It's going to cost me something like 200 euro a month which equals 2400 a year. That's Euro, so that's about $3600 that means we need 3600 members paying $1. Oh but we forget that the merchant account wants at least 15 cents and 15% of that amount. Then I pay 50% tax on the income I receive hmmm not much left anymore for a shoutbox lol

A chat thingy on this forum makes the site vulnerable and it slows it down. I will look into it and might be able to find a solution. Until then we won't have a chat on this forum. A good thing is that it stimulates forum activity on the site.

i could drop 5 billz a year on this thing i can even throw som traffic out there for u guyz on my other forumz (include u in my signature n wat not. should bring alot of other cool people to this site. alot of my friends r stoners and like to try and grown sit back n chill type people we should all start reffereing to "good" friends. should bring alot of good people in a month or 2.

this thread should to be where everyone can see it. i almost never come this far down the page.. the coffee table seems to get alot of traffic or i guess it does. the more people that can see it the more support i think we'll get.. just my thoughts.

:hubba: even $10 isnt that much to pay for some folks, eh. I could even start a collection, yeah that's it. everyone on the internet send me $10, that would do it, yep, I think it would. lets see now, we need a safe place to send the cash. hmm, how about to a safe account in the grand camans. I'll look into it. or what about if we just get an account in a pot friendly country. Still, I kinda like the idea of everyone sending me $10, but I gotta hide SnowWhite better I think... :rofl: :rofl:

slowmo77 said:
this thread should to be where everyone can see it. i almost never come this far down the page.. the coffee table seems to get alot of traffic or i guess it does. the more people that can see it the more support i think we'll get.. just my thoughts.
I'll give it "sticky" status for a couple of weeks, AND move it to the coffee table. We can see where it leads. Will that work for you's?? ;)

"I" cannot speak for MarP'. And will not say that even if the funds are raised, that he will be willing to do the laborous task of changing servers. But I'm interested in seeing where this goes. How many will "say" they will donate.

I'd do it. I think in addition to the charge of 1, 2, even $5, we could also just have a link to donate, so those with the cash aren't even limited to the joining and yearly fee.. I for one wouldnt mind paying even $10 a year, that's little to nothing for me, i mean i would only just spend that money on sweets and junk! :)

Yo Ho,

I understand about the transfer load, and no offense intended, but the incentive of all your friends and buds out here, and their willingness to pay is too great to describe. When you see them all in action, and the donations pouring in, I'm willing to bet you will be moved by it.
Count me in, and if others here need a hand with coming up with a few dollars I'm there !!
So let's get this happening, talk is cheap, I just love action, ya know what I mean ?

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

im in ill pay what ever it is,,,,im always buying games from pogo and im in the club so if it can bring back the shout box ill pay what ever it is that is needed

I, too, would not mind paying a couple of bucks to help out, but I think you will lose memebers. The regular users of this site see the value and don't mind paying, however since there are so many other MJ sites out there that don't charge, I think the vast majority of new and potential members will choose to go another site that doesn't charge.

Just my opinion.

Ok I added a poll to this thread so we can see clearly how many would support for a chat.

This forum will always be free but we can give paying members more privileges then regular members. Like a chat, a bigger pm inbox, browsing the forums invisible, own forum and other cool things things we can come up with.

It would be good to hire a proffesional and get this forum installed on a highly optimized and amazing fast server. That would be a dream :)

So, lets hear your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back