My 1st indoor grow w CFL's @ 7 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedHopper

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Here are the pictures of my Growbox,3 girls @ 7 days.

MVC-015F.JPG

MVC-016F.JPG

MVC-017F.JPG

How many pics can i load at one time.

I havent figured out how to get all my pics on here.

How many and what type cfls are you using? Are you gonne flower with them or just veg?

I have 4 40 watt,2700 lumens,2700Ks and 2 26 watt,1600 lumens, 6700Ks. 3sf area. I will put more pics. up later.
I dont know what they are. Came from some good smoke.I will order the good stuff online, my next grow.I used an old fridge for a growbox. Oh: and thats my favorite girl in the middle. And yes I probably will Veg them with my CFLs.

MVC-014F.JPG

MVC-012F.JPG

MVC-010F.JPG

MVC-009F.JPG

MVC-002F.JPG

you will be just fine with your cfl's to veg with... they may take a bit longer to veg to the height you want, I found... but the difference in energy usage, and heat production over a HID using to veg with, I found, is more more efficient with cfl's... so that's what I'm using from now on :aok:

finally changed after over 30 years :eek:

lookin good cowboy,i started in a cardboard box with a regular ole lamp. i wish i had of kept with the outdoor growing as this **** ties up some money quick.i've probably got 3000.00 in my setup so far and really need some more ****.i will not grow inside during the summer months,it cost to much to keep em cool enough.i boughta portable ac unit this past summer just for my ladies,crazy huh?keep if safe my brother.

andy52 said:
lookin good cowboy,i started in a cardboard box with a regular ole lamp. i wish i had of kept with the outdoor growing as this **** ties up some money quick.i've probably got 3000.00 in my setup so far and really need some more ****.i will not grow inside during the summer months,it cost to much to keep em cool enough.i boughta portable ac unit this past summer just for my ladies,crazy huh?keep if safe my brother.

Yeah,,I just grow personal stash for me and the ole lady so i dont need to much room. I am going to build a better one later though. I always loved growen outside. I just cant do it here yet. No fence where its needed.:eek:

Plants look awesome but that oil leakage under the v-twin looks concerning.

j/k bro - Just finishing a grow using cfl's all the way through.

Keep'm mean and keep'm green.

Plants look awesome but that oil leakage under the v-twin looks concerning.
:holysheep: That aint from my Bike Bro. That was my wifes freaken car. I moved my Bike into that position to take a quick pic. Knock on wood,,so far no leaks. Look closley and you will see her tracks.:ignore:

Hers a pic of one of the girls,,i hope..@ 11 days.

MVC-021F.JPG

MVC-022F.JPG

It looks like a nice thing you've got there. I started my seedlings using fluorescent lights. They actually get my my plants off to a better, faster start than with my MH; I can bring them in much closer.

Actually, in the past I did a complete grow, from start to finish using fluoros, and the buds were nice and dense. The yield from three plants was about five ounces. I used 4 40 watt 4 feet cool white bulbs for vegging. For flowering, I added 2 more 40 watt cool white bulbs, and 2 warm white bulbs. However, I put the additional 4 lights on the floor facing up towards the plants. But since then I've learned that light coming from underneath isn't effective, because the light needs to hit the top surface of the leaves in order to do photosynthesis.

At any rate, fluoros are nice for vegging. Good job, keep it green.

Also, be sure you can keep your refrigerator cool before you buy an HID. Keeping my closet cool is a hassle for me, even in the winter time (Warm and mild winters here.) If I would have known I was going to have heat issues I wouldn't have gotten my HID system. I would have invested my money in good quality fluoros instead.

Yes, I understand Andy's sentiment regarding the things we do for our ladies. I keep my windows open as long as I can take at night in order to get the place cool enough to start a new day in the morning. So, I make my self cold just so my plants don't sweat it. Andy buys an air conditioner. I'm thinking about an air conditioner too, something I wouldn't do for myself. Yep, this can cost quite a bit of money.

Actually, in the past I did a complete grow, from start to finish using fluoros, and the buds were nice and dense. The yield from three plants was about five ounces. I used 4 40 watt 4 feet cool white bulbs for vegging. For flowering, I added 2 more 40 watt cool white bulbs, and 2 warm white bulbs. However, I put the additional 4 lights on the floor facing up towards the plants. But since then I've learned that light coming from underneath isn't effective, because the light needs to hit the top surface of the leaves in order to do photosynthesis

I am going to the tubes T5 when I get back from working out of town.Hydro shop has the new ones . 8 T5 tubes, mixed blue and red specs. 30,000 lumnens. I am going to veg and flower with them. Have seen the yeild from them and liked what I saw.Man I love this Hydro shop..Im like a kid in a candy store.:hubba:

Sorry guys im outta town working, so I have no new pics to show. Missbudsky says that our Babies are looking real good. Said that one of them is out growing the others. She is having to minipulate the highth of the other two by putting things under them to keep them close to the CFL's. Give her a big hand guys,,she has done a great job of taking care of our Babies since I have been out of town. She hasnt over watered one time.:eek:

Im really worried,, cause she seems to have picked this thing up pretty good since I been gone. Crap,,,,,,my Babies aint gonna love me most,,anymore. Missbudsky has replaced me...:cry:Thats what happens when you leave them Home Alone with the Wify.:D

Shane,,,,come back Shane,,,come back!!!:bong:OK,,so im high, GO FIGURE.

nice, always handy to have a wife that has a green-thumb too.... i started with cfls, they grow great plants... i still use them for vegging.. and i got some in my flower tent for extra ligthing...

andy52 said:
nice grow bro and bike.see ya got the ape hangers,lol

Yeah,,I have always rode that way. Mine are just right for me. Wouldnt have it any other way.:D
I cant wait to get home and see the new growth on my Babies,,OH and of course my Ole Lady..Woops forgot she is probably readen this.:rolleyes:

lol,i feel ya bro.bet ya be glad to get home.i know i hate leaving my ladies.

Latest posts

Back