The Female Growers Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hemp Goddess, thank you for taking the time to give me your advice on the 12/12 abruptly or gradually. I went ahead and did the 12/12, and am on day 4 of flowering now. They show no stress from it, and they were so ready to flower--all of them showing beautiful pistils already after just 4 days. I'm stoked!

Thanks again.

Good Morning Mojave
Boy, do you have to work for your ladies. Here's an A for effort!!!!! Know how hard it is to grow (read "darn near impossible") in the desert ,used to live in Blythe. For you northerners, the only way to work on your tan was to lay under a sprinkler or go to the river. We all applaud all your efforts!!!!!
I also lived in Montana for 25 years and just as hard to grow there. Just the opposite, TOO COLD!!!!!! Had to start my grow with large rocks placed where plants would go. The sun heated the rock, which heated the soil etc... Then plants out middle of June (with snow somtimes on July 4th) planted in wall o waters and under rami clothe. And just like the tomatoes, frost when they were still green, had to start growing in the house under MH and then sodium lights. Now that we are in Colorado, the climate is JUST RIGHT.

You mentioned over $900 an ounce. Was that a typo? If not, that's outragious. No wonder you work sooooo hard for your medicine. Here it runs $100 to $125. Not as good as we can grow ourselves, but o.k.

And, on the Leon Russell picture, wow, how did he get so old. Oh, that's right, it's because I did too. Saw Peter Franptom on t.v. the other day, he's old too. What happened to that long curly hair? Guess we forget our age until we pass a mirror one day and Holy Cow what happened?

So, keep posting pic on your grow. Such pretty young ladies. And how about a couple more of your service dogs. Beautiful

:giggle: :giggle: This is what this website is about:

This is a little Speed Queen that I trimmed up the other day. She is hanging and drying right now.

5-20-09 002 (2).jpg

ROFL, Colorado Lady! Yep, while Leon is for sure gettin' up there, he's had the white hair a lonnnnng time. He was prematurely grey, and even in the 70's, his hair was silver. His age finally caught up with his "Father Time" look. And yep, I don't know who that image is in the mirror when I pass, either. Can't possibly be me. Not with wrinkles and sags, no, just can't be...<G>

No, there was no typo on Vegas pot prices in the area where I live. It's $120 an eighth, $960 an ounce. And that's one BIG reason why I have to grow if I want the relief pot gives me as medicine. I simply cannot afford the over-the-top prices. No doubt there are many who pay much less here, I just don't know them. I live a quiet suburban life, don't smoke out in public, and no one here knows I'm growing.

Thanks for your kind words! You always make me smile. Here's a pix of one of my elder service dogs. He raids the pot leaves whenever my back is turned. Here's caught in the act!

PotDog.jpg

mojave, I thot that was Leon Russel, dayum, he was grey when I saw his "Marraige" concert, wonder if him and his lady stayed together?! What an entertainer. You do know you can flower your girls under CFL's right? They cost way less to run than the other HID (I think that is right, not sure.) NorCalHal I think does some budding with CFL's too.

TC, I wish I could have seen the marriage concert. Wow! No, unfortunately, he and Mary, his former wife, are no longer together. But the kids do play on tour with Leon occasionally, and they probably do with Mary as well. I don't know much about Leon personally, just am crazy about his music. I tend my plants to Leon's music!

Thanks for the tip on checking NorCal's posts to learn more about CFL flowering. I'll do that first thing tomorrow. I'm using half and half fluoros and cfl's right now. But I'm covering the walls with fluoros and covering the sides and front, as well as in-between plants with 2700K and 3000K cfl's.
The 14 four-foot T-8 fluoros (6500, 3000 & 2700K) are overhead. While far from ideal, and since these are not the high-wattage cfl's, I'm going to try to augment with at least 5 hrs natural sun per day. Maybe I'll get lucky and they will turn out ok. Ohhhh, that would be SO nice.

Thanks, TC. Always great to see your posts!

Hey Mojavemama, hang in there. Try and save for an HID--lumen for lumen, they cost less to purchase intitally, they cost less to operate every month, they put out less heat, and they produce way more bud than CFLs.

Even though I am in the mountains in the west, it is actually high desert--I have the low humidity and the high temps that you get in the Mojave (I have always found this kind of weird). It is not unusual for us to have <20% humidity and >100 degrees in the summer (on the other hand, we get 6+' of snow and sub freezing temps in the winter).

The Hemp Goddess said:
:giggle: :giggle: This is what this website is about:

This is a little Speed Queen that I trimmed up the other day. She is hanging and drying right now.

Hi HG, did you scrog this SQ?

This is my 1st post to the Women's Group! I think guys are welcome, right?

Cheers,

Moto-Man said:
Hi HG, did you scrog this SQ?

This is my 1st post to the Women's Group! I think guys are welcome, right?

Cheers,

No, I don't think that Speed Queen would do well in a scrog (Satori does though :D). I topped this little girl once. She was only about 16" tall. SQ does not grow a whole lot after being put into flower. She does well in a sog type grow. All of the SQ I have grown has had really hard dense buds. I got 53 grams of very well trimmed bud from her.

Yes, you guys are welcome!

The Hemp Goddess said:
No, I don't think that Speed Queen would do well in a scrog (Satori does though :D). I topped this little girl once. She was only about 16" tall. SQ does not grow a whole lot after being put into flower. She does well in a sog type grow. All of the SQ I have grown has had really hard dense buds. I got 53 grams of very well trimmed bud from her.

Yes, you guys are welcome!

Thanks HG for that extra info regarding the S and SQ strains. I've found my smaller SQ to have some seriously hard and dense bud. My larger one still has a lot of white pistils and will need to have some more time to flower, I think.

But... my smaller Satori just got chopped, so I just updated my GJ too, and yes, I have pics :hubba:

Thanks for making me feel welcome hanging w/ the girls - I've always enjoyed doing just that :)

Cheers,

Hemp Goddess we must be neighbors, judging from your weather. Just a little dryer here, lower humidity but still in the Rocky Mountains.

Good Morning Ladies and Painterdude
Discovered thrips on my 2 week old plants. A smart man recommended Raid house & garden. NOT FOR EDIBLE PLANTS Is there something else someone has tried that works? And are the tiny round black beads their eggs? My loop is only a 10x and thought it was just soil particles. Now, not so sure. Need a higher power loop for sure.

Also in the "stupid" department: if your garden soil is getting too hot too early like mine....do not put straw over it as mulch!!!!!!!!!!!!! I now have a flower garden full of sprouting straw. DANG!!!! I'll be pulling it all summer

I think UKgirl420 had thrips, I think. I dont remember what she did. You may want to PM her about it. A bug killer for vedgies works good on mites (tho they are not thrips (never had the experience), or something with neem oil in it may help. Or the pyrithium stuff, is organic....spelling is prolly off on that. You might want to look in the sick plants departement for a sticky on bad bugs and sprays against them.

Here is a link on white flys from a "sticky" in plant problems......it lists some stuff to use on them, I imagine http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2099that might help.

At this point, you are not gonna be consuming any of the plant you will be spraying, tho I would agree with you about the lable not for edible plants.

yes tc i did :hairpull:

colarado lady ,,i used neem oil and liqued soap ,,
i dunked in in water first ,,then sprayed them liberally on both sides of the leaves ,,so they were drenched ,,,,every otherday for 2 weeks then a light spray everyother day for 2 weeks by then they should of gone ,,,i also hung them sticky flytraps in my flowering closet ,,as thrips are attracted to the hps lighting ,,,,
also if you want to buy a safe spray this is reccomended natural RX
thrips.jpg from this web page great info on thrips and there damage
http://www.bugspray.com/article/thrips.html

good luck :peace:

hello Colorado Lady and all you other wonderful girls.....sooooo, Colorado, several years ago my wife and I spent several days cleaning out a 'lama' barn, got loads of manure along with lots of straw that was layered like shale.....we spread it all over her flower beds, and right after the first rain, walla, a sh*t load of weeds, grass, etc. started growing in a very healthy, manure....years later we are still dealing with that decision, i.e. pulling weeds and grass during the spring and beginning of summer......aren't life experiences great?:heart::heart::heart:painterdude

It must be bug egg layin' season. I got some eggs on a few of my plants. Look like clusters off white, darn darn and double darn. I got out the mite spray, sprayed the holy heck out of them, just in case. I hit a big red bug with wings, it started to move, fall over, move , fall over......I tried to spray a baby grasshopper and I think I missed. I guess this stuff works on bugs pretty good. Let's hope it kills the lil bugger's as they hatch or with thier first meal.

Am looking for a way to grow more potent pot. I have to grow it hidden on my balcony, and I have tomato plants in the front. Trouble is the pot plants grow higher than the tomaoto plants do. Any one, got any idea's?
Last time I got caught with it was in Texas, which cost's me dearly, I lost my husband from a heart attack. I told them he couldn't take it, but they didn't believe me. I have last all I can, and I have no fear of the law. They can kiss my indian ***! My peopls was here first!

Latest posts

Back