My male hermie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
I always see growers female plants turning hermie so I thought it was kinda cool when my male plant started shooting out pistils. Ive never had this happen before so I thought I would share a few pics.

I sexed the plant under 12/12 and found out it was a full blown male with obvious pollin sacs forming. I snipped it with a pair of dirty old siccors and then tossed it in a little vase with some water. Normally I would throw it away but I wanted to try to root it in water instead of rockwool just as a little experiment, and I also wanted to collect some pollin for future breeding. So a few days go by and this male plant now has about twenty pistils on the top cola. I just thought it was kinda funny. Heres some pics.

IMG_0775-1.JPG

IMG_0776-1.JPG

IMG_0777-1.JPG

Oh yeah, I forgot to say it has been sitting on the back, top, of my stove with no direct sunlight and it has started to flower without any roots.

maineharvest said:
I want pollen but not if its from a hermie. So yes the heshe is going in the trash.

Good thing, I was getting the pitchfork and the torch ready. Pretty neat though, he/she sure is resilient.

Bring "it" down... Notta good thiing can come of it unfortunately ...But i also had been wonderin' if somethin like this, male to female , has happened before ... Seems like somethin that'd happen when i finally decide to keep my first male, but that's just my luck...thanks for sharing maine :)

Latest posts

Back