Can i flower with 13/11 schedule

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tito13

Reaction score
Hi, i veg with 18/6, can i flower with 13/11. I need this one hour because i work and get home in about 12 hours, so i need 13 so i can check and water the plants. ????? Thanks.

If you work 12 hours, why not leave the lights off while your at work so when you get home you can work on your plants...?

it will flower.

If you feel you must do 13/11, I believe person here said that he did it and it worked fine for him, but 12/12 is best.

I experimented a lot with this. It kind of resembles a Bell curve. And it also is species dependent. With a pure indica, I found that 16/8 seems to work as well as 24/0. Reducing the light hours to 15/9 still kept in veg. To 14/10, this was unstable and the plants didn't like it. To 13/11, the plants went into flower but not as quickly as 12/12, it was a more gradual change.
You know, you don't have to have the lamps on in the day. I run mine mainly at night because it keeps the grow room warm.

I use 12.5 hour dark cycle because I found 12 hours took too long to trigger Flowering with some strains. I wouldn't go with less than 12. Unless you want to wait an extra month to harvest.

kasgrow said:
I use 12.5 hour dark cycle because I found 12 hours took too long to trigger Flowering with some strains. I wouldn't go with less than 12. Unless you want to wait an extra month to harvest.

?????.. I'm confused :confused: you're saying 'longer' hours of lighting, promoted flowering sooner???? I find that improbable. Look into "what" makes the flowering process work. The 'flowering' hormone is produced during the dark period, and destroyed during light. The more that is detroyed in the light, the longer the entire process will take to initiate.

kasgrow said:
Not like you to miss something, Hick;)

.."DOH!!!!!".... :rofl:
..sorry kasgrow :p

:rofl:

you go Hick:lama:

:48:

leafminer....you must have a lot of Time on hands...:giggle: could help myself...take care and be safe

Hick said:
?????.. I'm confused :confused: you're saying 'longer' hours of lighting, promoted flowering sooner???? I find that improbable. Look into "what" makes the flowering process work. The 'flowering' hormone is produced during the dark period, and destroyed during light. The more that is detroyed in the light, the longer the entire process will take to initiate.
No, I am saying a longer dark cycle promotes faster flowering. I must have messed up my explanation, sorry.

;).. yea kas', it wasn't 'your' explanation that was "messed"...:p but "my" comprehension.... :confused2:
however.... less thc is produced under a longer dar period. According to MJ Botany, studies reveal that nearlly twice as much thc is produced under 12 hours of light than under 10 hoours.

Hick said:
;).. yea kas', it wasn't 'your' explanation that was "messed"...:p but "my" comprehension.... :confused2:
however.... less thc is produced under a longer dar period. According to MJ Botany, studies reveal that nearlly twice as much thc is produced under 12 hours of light than under 10 hoours.

Interesting

Latest posts

Back