12/12 all the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryjane22

Reaction score
why do some people do 12/12 all the way from beginning to end??doesnt it make the plants shorter and yield less?? or is this just a method for an impatient grower?? i ordered a 400 hps mh conversion setup and im starting to think that it wasnt the right thing to get..i dont read alot of people using mh

maryjane22 said:
why do some people do 12/12 all the way from beginning to end??doesnt it make the plants shorter and yield less?? or is this just a method for an impatient grower?? i ordered a 400 hps mh conversion setup and im starting to think that it wasnt the right thing to get..i dont read alot of people using mh

The MH will do you great on your vegging. You'll need the HPS bulb for your setup to flower.

To answer your question in part, if you put your lights at 12/12 from the git go, your plants will flower as soon as they reach sexual maturity, even though you may not realize that they have.

It's a method used by many to keep the plants at their shortest possible height without LST or topping.

There are also nutes out there that will expand side branching and reduce top growth.

If all three of these methods are used simultaneously, it will enable you to grow a plant that isn't auto flowering, in as small a grow space as possible with no modifications to the plant.

This could be a Godsend to those who have very restricted space.

I have 8 feet of height in my grow room, so I plan my grows so that when I harvest, the plants are 5 feet tall. That's my limit for plant height.

Good Luck to you on your grow MJ22!

Latest posts

Back