12/12 from seed "Lucky Queen" 1000w HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydrodensa

Reaction score
Hi,
I am a new member, and just wanted show the crop I am growing ATM.

The guys at No Mercy Seed Bank in Holland supplied the seed and support for this grow. This is my first grow in over 30 yrs!

Room: 5'x5'x6.5

Large soil bed ( 5'x5'x18") irrigated from below.
Strain: Lucky Queen F1 regular seeds.

Soil: 60/30 Coco/Pro-mix BX, Hydroten, Worm castings.

Soil nutrients layered: Happy frog fruit and flower w/humic acid, Bone meal,Bat guano.

Lighting: 1000w HPS, aero flo reflector (air cooled).

Ventilation: 440CFM 6" exhaust fan, passive cool air intake.

Preparing the soilbed, (wife wasnt real happy about the coco in the bathtub deal)

New room 006 (800x600).jpg

New room 009 (800x600).jpg

New room 003 (800x600).jpg

OOH ooh :ciao: I'll checker' out, bud...lemme throw my beanbag chair here in the corner, twist one up and watch the grass grow :rolleyes:

HAHA, welcome, thanks for checking out the grow. A word of caution:
I am uploading these pics with dialup so hopefully I wont have to chop them before I get up to date with the journal lol.

I also added 48' of heat cable under the top 6" of soil. The top 2" of soil was Pro-mix seeding soil, I added that on top in hpes the dry mulch would help to keep the moisture even (no dry spots). Looking back that fine soil was a mistake. Everytime I would crank the fan it was like a Texas twister in the room, with that crap flying every where.

Ok so I planted, set the heat cable at 74f and left the room dark for 24 hrs,
ETA: well one pic made it, but you get the idea! The next pic is a pic of when the job was done. ;)

New room 004 (800x600).jpg

That looks really nice. How many plants will go in there??

Cool -- Cee's sight. anxiously awaiting grow on!! Try his Santa Maria what he calls the sex plant from brazil interesting story on clones smuggled out of brazil

t6

Roddy said:
Mind if I pull up a chair as well?? :ciao: and :48:

Welcome Roddy, It good to have some company.
My internet is so slow Im going to stop now and wait for about two hours. Thats the time when my cellphone starts getting good enough signal for wifi hotspot. We are kind of out in the dingles here.

Teamster6,
Welcome man, any friend of Spees Cees is a friend of mine! I go by the name Aqualung over there, stop in and say hi sometime!
You know they have a Vice magazine interview of Cees in that forum too, he tells about his youth. That guy has led a very interesting life!
The Lucky Queen was crossed back to Santa Maria so has some of the same genetic traits. And when I saw them sexy long leaved babes heading for the roof I believed it LOL.

MG Canna, I was wanting 25, but Im glad they ended up a little thinner! I planted 41 seeds and was hoping for 20-25 females. I ended up leaving 22 girls, took 5 out to make the spacing look ok, and culled 3 freaks and the rest males.
didnt come out to bad, I did a lousy job of controling humidity and temps for the first week, so I imagine I actually forced some males.

Pics will resume in a couple hours, come on back later and check it out guys, thanks!

Yeah hydrodensa I am running a Santa Maria cross now that was a one time batch by omni that was never released to the public.

Rooie marie Strain..........Santa maria x shaman x toxic blue

Cheers
t6

Hey T6,
That sounds like a sweet combo! Do you have a journal going, or some pics?
Im wanting to do a scrog after I meet my quota (stash), and would love to tangle with a nice sativa even if it takes a bit longer to bud. If ya got any recomendations let me know.

With the power of wifi shizzzamm, a pic of a baby under a 1000w HPS,

Grow 1 005 (800x600).jpg

I wish I could find vegetable seeds that germinate as good as this batch of seeds did, here are a few photos of there progress.
I actually planted 60 seeds all together, I started some in 4" pots so I could replace males and weaker plants. The cord in the second pic is the probe for the heat cable controller, in the third pic you see the temp probe hanging off my HPS hood. The light was at 28" in that pic.

IMG_0005 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0002 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0006 (800x600).jpg

And you can see holes from males getting yanked, and then the holes refilled with plants from the pots.
Well the second pic should have been the third!
And you can see the stretch begining.
Looking back I wish I had used a MH bulb early on.

IMG_0001 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0001 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0003 (640x480).jpg

The stretch was pretty wicked, they reminded me of roller derby gals. The fan leaves were leveraging and pushing down against other plants, lol you could practicly hear them growing. Lots of bending and tieing down later and here we are. Welcome to the jungle.
I probably have 15 more pics for every single pic I have posted, if anyone has questions or advice I am definately open to any input.

12/12 isnt anything magical, just a way of getting a crop in short order, and to me a good way to get things rolling with two empty grow rooms. Im sure I will not yield as high as if I had vegged for 2-4 weeks, but I will do well on the plants I have got going while this crop has been growing, and have some smoke from these girls as well. I will keep updating as the crop nears harvest, which I believe is about two weeks away, so 9 week finish maybe.
Thanks for checking out my 12/12 from seed!

IMG_0007 (640x480).jpg

IMG_0002 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0001 (800x600).jpg

Mountain209man said:
holy crap those are growing fast...but your prob trimming by now lol

Howdi Mountain man, yeah all that in 4 hrs,only thing holdin them back is my slow internet connection,lol.

Have you got a veg room set up? If you start some veg gals while the others are budding, you can go perpetual and be able to veg them to a decent size...bigger yield!! I love my T5ho's for veg, cooler to run and nice tight nodes!!

Looking good, my friend!

Thanks for posting up the pics. It has been a while since I have seen a 12/12 from seed. You really have a jungle in there!

I do think however, you have substantially more than 2 weeks to go on those buds. The pics from 2-18 show buds just starting to develop. Your plant has a real sativa look to it. I would let these go at least 8 weeks after I saw flowers before I would even be checking the trichs. Sativa dominant plants can take 10-12 weeks or more to flower. Don't harvest too early just to try and get a nine week harvest. I think those could bulk up nicely, but not in the next 2 weeks.

How do you determine whether a plant is ready to harvest?

Ya I have a veg room (first pic) ATM it is set at 12/12. The thicket you see is 5 Lucky Queens (3 gal buckets) from this grow that vegged for a few weeks then I topped them and tied them down, and there are 18 Lucky queens in 6" pots. The 6" pots will be transplanted into the flowering room just as soon as I chop down the jungle, then I will start the perpetual by bringing more plants from the baby room (second pic).
In that baby room, the plants in the bottom left are Lucky Queen clones, then the ones in the background are , New York diesel mother plant, and Pineapple Kush, Hindu kush, and White Widow, that all have to be cloned and sexed. ;) Plan is to go perpetual, and gradually slide into some long veg times and big girls so I can play around with a scrog!
Well it works on paper anyhow. :)
Ope and I snuck a new pic of the 12/12 in too.

IMG_0006 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0007 (800x600).jpg

IMG_0005 (800x600).jpg

The Hemp Goddess said:
Thanks for posting up the pics. It has been a while since I have seen a 12/12 from seed. You really have a jungle in there!

I do think however, you have substantially more than 2 weeks to go on those buds. The pics from 2-18 show buds just starting to develop. Your plant has a real sativa look to it. I would let these go at least 8 weeks after I saw flowers before I would even be checking the trichs. Sativa dominant plants can take 10-12 weeks or more to flower. Don't harvest too early just to try and get a nine week harvest. I think those could bulk up nicely, but not in the next 2 weeks.

How do you determine whether a plant is ready to harvest?

Hi THG, thanks for checking out my grow.
Im actually copying what another grower did, and he supposedly had the Lucky Queen finish at right around 8 weeks, but it seems like this grow has been atleast a week slower than his (hes a fantastic grower).
My grow was looking really out of control when they stretched, so I dropped the soil and air temperatures in an attempt to slow them down, Im not sure but maybe that added a little time as well.
I sure dont mind waiting while the buds get fatter, :), because them buds are looking rather skimpy right now.
I appreciate your help!
I figured on harvesting when the trichs are milky with a little amber. I will definately post some pics and see what you all think first though! Just ordered a macro lens for the camera yesterday:D

P.S. When they were small they had those fat little leaves, but about the time they started stretching they took on a whole different look, kinda sexy I think.

Latest posts

Back