13hr light cycle in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDISGUD

yes it is
Reaction score
hi guys
i just watched a video with a pro vietnamese gardener,and he puts his lights on for 13hrs a day from the 3rd week of flowering too produce more outstanding buds,they sure as hell looked good and he was doing a large crop,but he swears by this method,also he only gives water from the 3rd/4th week

would anybody advise against it as i know its only a video

I will comment only because ive done this a few times on accident hah. I actually noticed about a week ago that because I adjusted my timer wrong, that im on 13 on and 11 off. Also, over the years I have done this several other times so yes it works. The extra hour of light will give your girls more energy to flower, in my opinion, as long as 11 hours is long enough to enduce flowering. I do believe that this would extend flowering time just a touch as well. Remeber just because it works for him and for me, doesnt mean it will work with all. Im sure genetics plays the biggest role with this method, wich is why cloning the same genetics for extended periods of time is a good idea. Over time youll figure out the best way to manipulate your girls to produce the best possable outcome. I would imagine that using a tecnique like this could possably produce hermies, a continued vegitative state or even worse.

I just discovered yesterday that for the same reason - these cheap timers are not easy to get set correctly - I have been running 13 on, 11 off, for the last 3 weeks. I have not noticed any tendency to reveg and the developing colas look pretty fine to me. I also have 5 clones and a hybrid in there, in a much younger stage (about 18" tall) and they haven't shown sex as yet, though I think they will in maybe another week. I've reset the timer to 12/12 but I still have to check that it really is running 12/12, hah.
In my case, what did seem to make a difference was that I was running 2 x 150HPS, then I added 80W (4 x 20) of CFLs and the plants all seemed to do noticeably better with that little extra of 6300K light. FWIW.

Latest posts

Back