150 watt 120 volt hps for $20?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We'll i got mine ordered and it should be on its way here, hopefully it'll get here this week! :)

yo rasta, you should take some pics of the setup you did with yours if you got the spare time ever :) id like ta see yer initial setup

hey akirahz could not put pic here,,,some how it ended up in the gallery,,,under indoor pic,,,good luck ,also put two pic of my girls,,,about two more weeks,,p,l,r

lgt.jpg

Ah very nize dankes for the pic, its alot bigger then i thought itd be!

-- HEY!

Is that the ground wire i see sticking out of the middle little hole there??? :p

I received my two in the mail today, and though I haven't wired it up yet, I can say that the build quality seems to be great on these. They have a very sturdy, solid feel, and seem to be a great value for $20. I'll see what kind of punch these give to my last few weeks of flowering.

OK, NOT good!

I start off, and everything seems to be going fine. I wire up the first light, screw in the bulb, plug it in, and and it lights right up. Perfect. So I do the exact same thing with the second light, plug it in, and it flashes for a second, and then nothing. The light doesn't come on. So I think maybe the second bulb was a dud. So I turn off the first light, wait for it to cool, and unscrew it and place it in the second fixture, plug it in, and nothing. Nada. So I think maybe the bulb wasn't fully making contact with the prong at the bottom of the fixture. So I make sure I screw the bulb in really well, and still nothing. So I think maybe there is some kind of timing mechanism where the ballast won't send power right after it's turned off and plugged back in, so I give them both 15 minutes, and still nothing. Now neither of the lamps work with either of the bulbs. I don't know if that second ballast burnt out both bulbs, or if neither ballast is good. But I can say at this point I'm slightly pissed. I'm gonna play around with them some more tonight, but at this point I'm stumped. They just seem to be lemon goods. I'm not sure what the issue could be, I'm sure I wired them up exactly how you're supposed to. Guess I'll be sending these e-conolight guys an email tomorrow. :rolleyes:

edit: e-conolight has amazing customer service, and I'm a big dope. DO NOT connect the ground wire coming from the light to the ground coming from your cord. It will not work if you do. What I did was connect the ground wire coming for the light to one of the metal bolts on the base of the lamp. Any more electrically minded people, please chime in on if this is a good or bad thing. Also, for the ground wire coming from my cable, I wrapped it in electrical tape, because before I did that I touched some metal and the light turned off. But now everything seems to be working fine, so I can in fact recommend this light.

akirahz said:
Ah very nize dankes for the pic, its alot bigger then i thought itd be!

-- HEY!

Is that the ground wire i see sticking out of the middle little hole there??? :p

so how do you feel about the lights? do you think they could be broken down and the ballast seperated from the light socket?

Is there anyway to tell visually if an HPS bulb is burnt out?

slowmo77 said:
so how do you feel about the lights? do you think they could be broken down and the ballast seperated from the light socket?

Yes, you can. It'd just be a matter of unscrewing two screws and getting another extension cord to use to connect the ballast with the light.

Well, I don't know about the quality of this particular product, but I have to say, e-conolight has won my future business. Their customer service is top notch. I sent them an email last night explaining my problem, and just kind of wondering how we could best resolve the problem. I tried to leave to door open to a personalized resolution, but I was totally expecting them to send me an RMA number, ask me to send the products back, which I would of course have to pay for, and then most likely charging me the 15% restocking fee that is listed in their return rules. Well, to my happy surprise, somebody from there just called me, asked me about my problem, and told me that they were going to ship me two more lights, free of charge. And I didn't have to send the others back or anything. THAT, my friends, is great customer service.

Of course, now I feel like a big dope, because rasta pm'd me with advice to not connect the ground wire, because it didn't work for him when he did, and lo and behold, they work now! :eek: :eek: :eek:

So I feel bad that I'm getting free product, even though it turned out to be a simple wiring error that was the problem. Well, I guess the least I can do is recommend them wholeheartedly and give them my return business.

AH success! glad to hear its working bro, i felt bad suggesting the lights and then you getting the duds of the bunch :(

but now your going to have what, 4 working lights possibly now?? !! NICE!

Thanks for the tip on the g wire rasta :)

akirahz said:
but now your going to have what, 4 working lights possibly now?? !! NICE!

I know! So 600 watts worth of HPS lighting for $54! Sure beats the $200 I spent of my 600W setup! :D

With this I might actually start some kind of perpetual grow setup, put together a stealth grow box or two. :hubba:

hate to burst a bubble. hope you ordered already. cause with those 2 freebies you just got you put them out of bussiness.. jerk! no really just messin. from what i read up on you would need i think 6 of those to egual 1 actual 600w. i may be wrong. but i am goingto order 4 on friday,,

someone let me know if they found a good mount remote or not and what they used for a reflector
thanks guys

so how are they working? i check the site i thought i read you can get them in mh too? anyone get the mh?

yeah defintly ive been looking around for a small mh and prices are ridicoulous for a small 250 or 150 watt from growsites/stores. im thinking of trying one or two just want to hear a couple more good things about them, so far so good.

edit: i checked the mh on that site and theyre only about 20 40 bucks cheaper for mh from their compared to one from htg.

you can make a hood like tater did, and use all 6 of 100 watt of hps, you will have total of 600 watt hps!!! that simple!

papabeach1 said:
you can make a hood like tater did, and use all 6 of 100 watt of hps, you will have total of 600 watt hps!!! that simple!
To quote the great Todd McCormick:
"I think the 600w HPS San Agro lamps are by far the best overall choice. They have twice the amount of light intensity as a 400w lamp for only 200 more watts of electricity. They have been used in Europe for some time but only made it over to America in 1997. They may be more expensive to purchase at first, but they are the cheapest to operate, and the utility savings does eventually add up."

I'm going with a single 600W HPS setup, those are cheaper but it may be for a reason. Remember, not every HPS setup has the same energy consumption to lumen ratio, buy smart for the future. These lights seem to be a great price, and I hope they work out for what you need them for, but I don't think I could put my trust and my money into something that seems too good to be true... Not when the benefits of paying more can be this dank. ;-)

TommyBres said:
To quote the great Todd McCormick:
"I think the 600w HPS San Agro lamps are by far the best overall choice. They have twice the amount of light intensity as a 400w lamp for only 200 more watts of electricity. They have been used in Europe for some time but only made it over to America in 1997. They may be more expensive to purchase at first, but they are the cheapest to operate, and the utility savings does eventually add up."

I'm going with a single 600W HPS setup, those are cheaper but it may be for a reason. Remember, not every HPS setup has the same energy consumption to lumen ratio, buy smart for the future. These lights seem to be a great price, and I hope they work out for what you need them for, but I don't think I could put my trust and my money into something that seems too good to be true... Not when the benefits of paying more can be this dank. ;-)

These look like any other 150 watt HPS output I've ever seen.Got mine yesterday.They are sold more as building supplies.That's why they're so cheap.Very sturdy and water tight.Couldn't have asked for a better deal.

Latest posts

Back