which light should i get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could use either for your vegetative or flower cycles. I'd recommend HPS if you're only buying 1 light. It's more effecient, and may bring tighter nodes during veg from what I've read. Or for $169 (HTG) you could buy a switchable ballast so you can change bulbs as you need.

How big is your grow area, square footage wise?

hey buddy...

here's the difference I noticed in my first 2 grows using different combinations of MH and HPS.

batch 1 went with a 400 MH in veg, then switched to a 1K HPS to flower.
batch 2 went with a brand new 1K HPS the whole cycle.

batch 1 was by far, the better looking crop up to this point.

the MH, although a lower wattage, gave 50% more growth and healthier plants - have to wait and see about quantity in a couple weeks. quality a little longer.

Your better off buying from htg IMO, Ive done alot of research on lighting, and they have the best prices out there. If money isnt a concern then you should get the dual light for 164.99, if it is then you should get the hps, then you could always get a mh conversion bulb later down the road, IMO. If you do decide to go with htg, call the number on website and tell them you want the ebay price and shipping will be alot cheaper shipped direct from them rather than through ebay. Depending where you live, for me its 18.00 as opposed to 40.00. Good luck

i got the HPS light from HTG it was like 137 with tax and shipping. I think it will work good for my 3'x5' space. i'll post up a journal of it when i get my set up done.

the mh is a bluer spectrum, what your lights want, it simulates the spring time sunlight.... it triggers the vegitative growth period in your plants, whisch are pre-programmed to do just that with that type of light at that time (5600 degree's kelvin- color temp).

the hps bulb gives off a dimmer light, more reddish which is a slower vibration that occurs later on in the year simulating the autum when the sunlight is further away and has to cut through more atmosphere... thus the plants are better at a 12/12 lighting period and are absorbing only the reddish spectrum.

so mh to veg, and hps to flower..... the plants use what they need and ignore the rest...

so might as well use the right bulb for the right function.

good luck.

my first 2 grws were Mh only,current grow MH4veg-hps4flo,next i will do hps only and then we can compare the pics!i cant wait

Latest posts

Back