150w HPS ballast???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FORMULA51

whoah
Reaction score
A buddy of mine gave me a box full of unused bulbs. i have bulbs in 150w HPS, 250W HPS , 400's & 600's.

I cant find a ballast or a company that sells ballasts that will run the 150watter. Is there a reason i'm not finding a ballast to run this 150 watter (due to not needing one), or am i not looking in the right place? thanks.:icon_smile:

You many not find them in hydro stores as it is mostly used for street lights, but you can find it here

hXXp://www.1000bulbs.com/category/120-277-Volt-150-watt-high-pressure-sodium-ballasts/

I cannot imagine why you could not find one--do a google search and you should come up with a dozen or more to choose from.

Also I am not sure I would even run used bulbs--bulbs lose their intensity after a while. Many of us here change out our bulbs every 6 months or so because of that. I certainly would not for be buying a ballast just because I got an old free bulb (that may be worth almost nothing). Bulbs are not expensive. Buy a ballast the size you need/want to use.

I was browsing Hi Tech Garden Supply(HTG) catalog and seen they had a 150 watt ballast for $69.75 that includes bulb,ballast, and reflector. Product #HTG150HPS

My local Home Depot has 150-400w HPS stuff

homedepot.digby.com/homedepot/product/detail.do?itemId=202501758&categoryId=&path=

homedepot.digby.com/homedepot/product/detail.do?itemId=100131936&categoryId=&path=

i'm not using old bulbs. my buddy closed down a hydro stoore, and he gave me a box full of bulbs still in the box. i looked at home depot and couldn't find anything but 150w bulbs, no ballasts. I'm already running 2 600 setups, just wondering if it was worth it to veg under the 150w.

Some smaller wattage hoods come complete with ballast, my local hydro guy sells 250's that way...might even have a 150, never had need, so never really looked.

Not really worth the money of buying the ballasts to drive them. However if you have a 600w balast and you know your stuff about electronics you could wire 4 connections to run 4 150w bulbs off the one 600w balast. :)

If it was me I wouldnt use them unless you have a small project.

You can buy a 150 hps ballast kit for as little as $27.00 dollars on 1000bulbs.com.

Latest posts

Back