18/6 veg-why ur my plants showing SEX!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsix7one

Reaction score
heywats up...been vegging my blueberrys for about a month now..but never switched to 12/12 yet...and today i noticed white pistils coming out..does that mean they want me to switch light cycle or what??please help

400w mh/hps air cooled
soil
fox farm nutes

my plants are about 5 inches tall but pretty bushy since i topped the when they were about a couple inches..thats why they are short and bushy..lights are about 15-18 inches from the top of the plants

Called preflowers. Can sex a plant without sending it into flower by vegging. typically shows up around week 5-6 but have had them show earlier ;) doesnt not mean your flowering ;)
You can veg and take clones, veg to get it bigger and send into flower or just toss her into flower now.
any of the above works ;)

Can you post a picture? A lot of new growers mistake new growth for female flowers--it looks quite similar at first.

Some strains will show preflowers when they are sexually mature (do you have alternating nodes?). This does not mean that you need to put them in flower, just that they are ready if you are ready.

whew..thanks buddy..kinda freaked out..think i should flower them now??

Totally up to you. i would take into account things like space to grow longer the veg bigger the plant.

oh yah hemp..its got alternating nodes..like i said i topped them and there like bonzai trees..there short but bushy..been vegging for about 6 weeks from seed

well if you are growing in a normal house room you might wanna flower soon like a week or two.i vegged mine for 4 months the first time and they would have been waaay too tall had they not hermed.

thanks for all the info guys..appreciate it..i'm gonna probably veg untill the plants fill in a little more..was planning on doing SOG..got my screen made and waiting to put over the plants and switch over to 12/12.

Latest posts

Back