18 grape apes, hydro, SOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
howdy Timmy, thanks for stoppin. total yield was almost 7 oz. i had to pull 5 a couple weeks in to get my #'s right...and i harvested about a week earlier than i would have liked to, so im happy. Its actually kinda nice to have some smoke that doesnt make me melt into the couch. hung for 7 days and jarred it up. emptied all jars and repacked daily for another week and they been sealed since.
as for the upgrade i'm splitting my room first. i just picked up an eliciant 6in inline to exhaust both sides. flower will be 30 X 50 in and veg will be the same...8 ft tall. 400 hps 4 flower (air-cooled) and 400 mh for veg room since my 2 moms turned into a family and outgrew the shower...good news for wife;). also doin soil this time since i only got 1 arm to work with for a while i figure it will be easier. FFOF and all FF nutes. i'll get a pic, i'm gonna flower 1 of those moms just for fun.View attachment 72843

Working with one hand isnt to bad. You get used to it and 7oz's from one 600w? Nice sounds about right. Well keep the pics coming bro, Yours and Joes grows keep me coming here.... L8r Bro.

Timmyjg6 said:
Working with one hand isnt to bad. You get used to it and 7oz's from one 600w? Nice sounds about right. Well keep the pics coming bro, Yours and Joes grows keep me coming here.... L8r Bro.
i actually use a 400...thats why i try to pack so many in a small space. this next round i'm gonna let them get bigger and see what happens. my best so far was SOG gone wild weighing in at 9 oz from my 400. after i get things split i'm gonna try to get a six since i'll have plenty of vent now...over 500cfm total not including the a/c hood which has both ends outside room anyhow. it never ends i tell you, i oughta just get the 1000 so i dont have to sell a 400 and a 600 later LOL

why not just use both the 600 and 400 it would spread light better, and equals 1000 watts and you wouldent have to sell you old stuff to buy new ones? just wondering, but man thatll be a very nice perpetual grow.

Well actyally id take a 600 before a 1000 anyday... Just stick with the 600 and just make the space bigger, i would pack as MANY FRESH ROOTED CLONES IN THERE... Sorry. But 7oz from a 400 NICE!
lyfr said:
i actually use a 400...thats why i try to pack so many in a small space. this next round i'm gonna let them get bigger and see what happens. my best so far was SOG gone wild weighing in at 9 oz from my 400. after i get things split i'm gonna try to get a six since i'll have plenty of vent now...over 500cfm total not including the a/c hood which has both ends outside room anyhow. it never ends i tell you, i oughta just get the 1000 so i dont have to sell a 400 and a 600 later LOL

thanks all, i'm about three days from lights on in the new room! hangin the pandafilm with zipper to split room and settin up veg area today. i'll start a new thread with pics when i'm done...i'm snappin a few along the way.:48:

cant wait, ill be looking for the new journal my freind. i was wondering is that panda film made of the bad pvc material i read about? i wanted to get some but settled for mylar and black 6 mm contractors tarp.

Ha lyfr make sure theres no light leaks... Dont want hermies...

toke@smoke420 said:
cant wait, ill be looking for the new journal my freind. i was wondering is that panda film made of the bad pvc material i read about? i wanted to get some but settled for mylar and black 6 mm contractors tarp.
i hope not...didnt have any effect on my buddies plants and i'm usin from the same roll. i was gonna put a wall but its gonna be so crowded i would never get a door open. i'm gonna have room for my 2 feet in each half of the room...thats about it!

LYFR! Happy to hear from you man! I'm happy everything went well. And I must say the soil grow is lookin GREAT! Most hydro growers can't get down the wet/dry cycle of this plant. That darn dry cycle is important for that oxygen to get to the roots! But it looks like your doin great man!

BTW two phenotypes of my plants have just started to change maroon, it's like a DARK red/purple. And your the first to know! LOL! Sorry...stoned...rambling.

Happy to see your grow man. Keep em' comin.

hey Dom, i'm lagging on the room. nothing but 90's and 100's in the forecast and i want to make sure these grape apes get some cool temps in flower this time so i'm gonna wait another week or so. as far as soil, most problems i've seen were caused by overwatering/constantly wet soil. this works good for me cause i'm lazy anyways! if they dont show signs of wilting after a few days i check weight and water if light. pretty much wait till the last possible moment and it seems to be workin. i give all credit to FFOF

lyfr said:
hey Dom, i'm lagging on the room. nothing but 90's and 100's in the forecast and i want to make sure these grape apes get some cool temps in flower this time so i'm gonna wait another week or so. as far as soil, most problems i've seen were caused by overwatering/constantly wet soil. this works good for me cause i'm lazy anyways! if they dont show signs of wilting after a few days i check weight and water if light. pretty much wait till the last possible moment and it seems to be workin. i give all credit to FFOF

I really appreciate the modesty but you need to give yourself credit. FFOF can't just grow weed on its own, you need to give the flower what it needs when it needs and leave it alone when it wants to be left alone. I have NEVER heard of anyone weighing their plants to check to water great method though! Can you shed some knowledge on your method? Seems great and thanks in advance man!

View attachment 76625

View attachment 76626in the first pic you can see the 2 rooms that are still 1:huh: got to hang paanda film with zippers to split it, tape/staple to walls and all that so i dont get light leaks. the air cooled lt in back is 400hps the other is 400mh.
My method...luck,JK...nothin fancy, water if needed, ff grow big-next water plain-next water 1 drop superthrive/gal and repeat. i dont have a lot of water drain out of the bottom but once every couple weeks i take them outside and dump a couple gallons plain water through the 7 gal(?) pots. the little ones i've just been givin enough plain water (superthrive every 3 or 4 times)to keep them goin so hopefully the roots will grow quicker.
When i plant clones or transplant i always put a couple teaspoons or so of Plant Success (which is a bunch of mycorrizhae and stuff ) under roots and they seem to like it. I even did this putting clones in rockwool and the roots really seem to take off. i also put myco in water every few waterings.
that is how i'm doin soil for the first time which is what i think your askin as all my methods for hydro are in this thread already. guess instead of startin a new journal i'll just keep this one goin for now:)

Check out my grow journal mang! I have new colour change pics up just for you man! this is only PARTIALLY as cool as grape ape fully turned.

started a new one so i'll be updating there...thanks for lookin!

Latest posts

Back