18 grape apes, hydro, SOG

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iv done this on nights where i got so high and wanted to tend my garden. We just like to test ourselves... The moor you know, the better you grow.

lyfr said:
I find myself sitting and staring at the soil with nothin to do. maybe ill use MG next time and brush up on my problem solving skills!

Hay lyfr nice to read over your grow and catch up. You remind me of myself. How you plan ahead and jump to problems. You got to if you want to do something right.. Keep up the good work bro. And i say you moove up to a 600W HPS/MH mixed spectrum light. Bet it would give you killer buds. Good luck my friend.

howdy Timmy, thanks for stoppin in. your absolutely right, i need to step-up to more watts. what do you think of that super spectrum hood thats holds a 400HPS in one end and a 400MH in the other ? 6oo would be much better with heat im sure. never had heat issues till i put the dehumidifier in the room, now instead of 70-75 its 80-85, and that was before the triple digit heatwave that starts tommorrow. should just get a/c but i dont want to run any more power without upgrading electrical ( which also needs to be done before new light ) the 400 still gives me 7-10 ounces about every 70 days which ain't too bad !

mostly cloudy with a couple ambers...starting plain water

Dude im going insane waiting for this bud...my northern lights not your grape ape LOLOL jk yes yes your sweet grape bublegum grape ape. It just looks absolutely terrific.

No you know what you need to let that turn purple dude! The beautiful hue of the purple and bright light green looks amazing in my magazine. Or does it come in the cure?

EDIT:I know this was posted before but to convince you I scanned my High Times magazine to get the best purple color in the pic. Also this pic is a little larger.

Grape Ape.jpg

DomsChron said:
No you know what you need to let that turn purple dude! The beautiful hue of the purple and bright light green looks amazing in my magazine. Or does it come in the cure?

EDIT:I know this was posted before but to convince you I scanned my High Times magazine to get the best purple color in the pic. Also this pic is a little larger.
unfortunately, due to a triple digit heatwave i dont think its gonna get purple. room was hi 80's-low 90's for about 5 days and i had to fight for that. its down to hi 70's mostly now, but i still dont think that will get it purple...in the winter it will though when the next batch is gettin ready. thanks for lookin and i got my fingers crossed for color!

thats cool my 2 soil plants are about the same as yours geting close eh... well i got my DWC just about all ready, just gotta pick 2 clones to tranfer soil to hydro. i cant wait, as i hate siting watchin soil grow i almost like problems to fix them and give me something to do, and learn learn learn... man them some nice buds for a 400 hps i think im gonna get a 600 hps, or 1000 hps as soon as i sell my truck.. ok eneough babbling your plants are looking crazy potent!!!!!!!!

toke@smoke420 said:
thats cool my 2 soil plants are about the same as yours geting close eh... well i got my DWC just about all ready, just gotta pick 2 clones to tranfer soil to hydro. i cant wait, as i hate siting watchin soil grow i almost like problems to fix them and give me something to do, and learn learn learn... man them some nice buds for a 400 hps i think im gonna get a 600 hps, or 1000 hps as soon as i sell my truck.. ok eneough babbling your plants are looking crazy potent!!!!!!!!
there all chopped and hung now, startin the countdown till cure. we're switchin roles toke...i'm doing grape ape in soil this round. the scrapings from the scissors was incredidle...the first hit my mouth started watering like i just bit into a grape. i've never smoked anything so tasty. and thats said with 28 years smokin, and 5 years goin to pot clubs.
anyone got a suggestion for best drying humidity...temp is mid 70's and RH is 50% right now. i'm hopin for a 7 day hang and then jar it up...and thanks for any info !

I think that is good, it will make the drying process a wee bit slower but a more luxurious smooth smoke. Any word on the smell and/or color man?

wow 45 daze ill bet you will be in one for quite a while when ya smoke some of lovely looking frosty buddage.

well done dude awesome

pkj

DomsChron said:
I think that is good, it will make the drying process a wee bit slower but a more luxurious smooth smoke. Any word on the smell and/or color man?
hello dom, its now cured a little...very fruity, reminds me of the ol' fruit-stripe gum. color isnt purple due to high temps(75-90) last few weeks...but it has a nice light green color with very orange hairs,almost glowing. smoke is very smooth with the high creepin up on ya in the first 15-20min. doesnt pack the knockout punch im used to due earlier harvest, i believe, but i do actually get stuff done after smoking now which is nice;) .
gonnA change it up as much as i can next round. same strain, but due to only having the use of one arm for the next 10-12 weeks i'm hitting the easy (er) button. 2 plants in 7 gal pots, fox farms ocean forest soil...they have been vegging/clonin for a couple months now, i've took about 30 clones off them between the 3 times i chopped so they are very thick plants...should be interesting. gotta redo my g-room first so i have a veg and flower...each will be 32 inches by 5 feet. wife wants her shower back:rofl: :rofl: . so it will probably be a week or 2 before i get things set-up...its slow goin when you gotta cast from your fingertips to your shoulder:fid:

Hey man good to hear! Subcool says the natural colouration is easier to acheive in organics AND soil. Hydro is a little diffrent more light vibrant green but not colored. 1 a/c unit in the room and all organic nutes your BOUND to acheive that organic fade you want! Maybe even colors OTHER than orange and green and purple might show up. Oh and 7 gallon pots are the way to go NICE man.

DomsChron said:
Hey man good to hear! Subcool says the natural colouration is easier to acheive in organics AND soil. Hydro is a little diffrent more light vibrant green but not colored. 1 a/c unit in the room and all organic nutes your BOUND to acheive that organic fade you want! Maybe even colors OTHER than orange and green and purple might show up. Oh and 7 gallon pots are the way to go NICE man.
i grew grandaddy in this set-up last winter and temps got down to low 60's in room at night and it got nice and purple. i'm gonna hold off flowering these two so the last few weeks will be low temps. im also gonna let them get like 90% amber this time...obviously at 45 days i harvested early in the window, plus soil will probably be about a week behind im guessin. still gotta split my room cause i got took 20 clones to veg while those other two flower:D PS..Subcool is very knowledgable...specially so on the colouration stuff

Can't wait man! Good idea on veging 2 extra weeks to make temps low in late flower. Tis going to be a grow great. Great grow. Fudge i dunno.

Wow, done already.... Crazy! Well congrats and also whats your total yield?? And i say you go with a mixed spectrum 600W bulb if your looking to upgrade... I hear good things about them.

Also you want around 15% humidity during drying... Also whats your plan on curing?

Latest posts

Back