1st Grow, 10 Purple Afghani and 5 Skunkxhaze

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first journal, i got my seeds and I'm going germ them soon. Ive got the seeds in the mail for boutique, 10 Purple afghan(Feminized), and 5 freebies of skunkxhaze, i only want to grow 6 plants at the time though, so I'm going to germinate 4 Purple Afghani, and they should all germinate and are definitely females, and all the skunkxhaze, I heard they are like throw away seeds and usually don't germ so Ill plant whatever skunkxhaze and all he purple Afghani, and then keep whatever plant that the skunkxhaze female is. I haven't germinated anything yet, I'm going to get the soil and stuff at the garden center, my plan is to get

(Read Latest posts)

I reside in South Florida, i should be fine growing the purple though right?

The Fox Farms by itself should be plenty fine enough. If your worried about drainage, add perlite. Use water only for two weeks before beginning any nutrient intake. Possibly some seedling nutrients that stimulate root growth. Make sure to use the biggest container possible to avoid transplanting and the associated shock.. and as always GL HF!

good luck with the grow jonny ,,,imo i wouldnt use anything extra than water for the first 3 weeks ,,,and i would start each seed off in a small pot so u dont end up overwatering then transplant when they need to ...:48:

i got 3 of my 5 skunk haze seeds to germ.they are now about 4 inches and have 6 sets of leaves.be easy on the nutes with em,they arent too nute friendly.the leaves you get after the first set of 3 finger leaves will be 5 finger leaves,im still getting 5 finger leaves.mine are just startrin to get that skunky smell.anyways,good luck.i look forward to seein how you do. p.s.
when germinating em,put them in the moist paper towel and then put the paper towel in a zip lock and put it on a heat source like your comp monitor,modem,or a heating pad on low.that little bit of warmth will help you get a better germ ratio with em for sure.-peace

When you mission to home depot try and get 5 gal pots with drainage holes in the bottom mix your fox farm soil 5/1 with perlite that should give you plenty of drainage what kinda lights you plan on using apple guy?

i strongly suggest ionic grow,bloom,boost.its perfect for beginners and is very cheap,like $23 a gallon.check it out,its a very dependable,easy to use nutrient.

Alright, i went on my mission to home depot and the other one, i went to home depot, picked up

Bloom Booster, but its miracle grow, should it still be fine?

I also picked up this insectdle soap, is it healthy to use?

TakeRoot, if i end up doing clones, anyone have any experience with this brand?

After Home Depot, i went to the other store, a garden center, Foxfarms site said they sold thier soil there, but i winded up going and they only had a brand called Fafard, they said whatever your growing, it should be good for it, (I said Tamatoes lol ). They said pH level was neutral.

There guy there said it was very healthy food, and for whatever your growing its good, its organic, but it might be for orchids, but it could just be called orchids, he said it was good for for any plant.

Heres the pots, with soil in them, i don't have any seeds in them yet, but all i put in there was the soil, the soil was already mixed with perlite.
EDIT
7. Please try to post all of your pictures on this site. Linking to other sites has inherent risks involved that should be kept to a minimum if at all possible. We have both a Gallery and the ability to post as many as eight pictures with each post you make. Please post your pictures here, instead of linking to them.

Thats the picture of everything.

So the seeds should be fully germinated by tomorrow, and ill plop the seeds in the pots, and hope they grow, btw i only germinated 6 purple Afghani, no skunkxhaze because i hear they are sativas and i have a height limit kinda. And how big of a hole do i make in the soil when i put the seed in?

The Purple Afghani is 50 percent sativa and 50 percent indica, can someone tell me what kinda hight ill be looking at and stuff?

Im going to take pictures of the plant soon, there about a 4 or 5 inches tall now, they look healthy. Can anyone give an update and confirm using all my indregiant and if there healthy for the plant:cool:

Dump the miracle gro and go with something a little more mj friendly like earth juice or something.

The Bloom Booster? alright, i was told to get it, i thought it was it, but alright ill get rid of it, pictures soon, are the other stuff mj friendly?

Fox farms make a good bloom formula that works well for soil.

Heres finnaly some picture of them, Im only showing 3 plants, i have 2 others planted at my freinds house, but i will still keep track of them and post.

***The pcitures are 3 close up and 3 far away camera shots, they go in order from 1st plant with the 2 diff shots then 2nd with 2 diff shots ya. Well they look really healthy and are getting like mayeb 8 - 11 hours a day with direct sunlight, its so much it might even be unhealthy lol, but it looks beautiful.

2.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Latest posts

Back