Grow #5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this is my only 1 out of 9 that happened to be female. Blueberry X Blue moonshine. Got her trimmed up, will be throwing into flower in the next 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much she grows. I want to try and make it seed itself, i understand thats how you get feminized seeds. Any thread recommendations? Advice?

Attachments

• 20230907_184132.jpg
    20230907_184132.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230907_184145.jpg
    20230907_184145.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
So this is my only 1 out of 9 that happened to be female. Blueberry X Blue moonshine. Got her trimmed up, will be throwing into flower in the next 2 or 3 weeks depending on how much she grows. I want to try and make it seed itself, i understand thats how you get feminized seeds. Any thread recommendations? Advice?
I think @CrashMagnet has done it before and I’m sure others have. Maybe he will chime in and remind me.

I think @CrashMagnet has done it before and I’m sure others have. Maybe he will chime in and remind me.
This is what I've been doing. I copy pasted it from an email I was sent by someone who has done it far more often than me and found this to be the easiest and most reliable method.

Dissolve 0.85 g silver nitrate in 50 ml distilled water (Part A)

Dissolve 0.80 g sodium thiosulfate in 50 ml distilled water (Part B)

Put each stock solution into a separate amber bottle, wrap in foil and keep in the fridge.

Slowly add 10 ml Part A into 40 ml Part B, with shaking. This is your 20 mM working solution. The mixture will keep for about a month in the fridge in an amber bottle, but then should be discarded. The separate Part A and Part B solutions are more stable and can be kept in amber bottles wrapped in aluminum foil in the fridge until needed. They will freeze solid @ 4C - just take them out and defrost before mixing them together.

Take the preflowering target plant out of the tent and spray the entire plant thoroughly (leaves, stems, etc.). Allow it to dry fully (takes a couple of hours) before returning it under the light or the spray will damage the leaves.

Repeat the spray protocol five days later. If you are worried, you can do it one more time five days after the second time, but it usually doesn't need it.

Both silver nitrate and sodium thiosulfate are available on Amazon in powder form (links above). I would not purchase the liquid form, as the dry powder lasts much longer than the liquid. I mix up only what I think I might use for the plant.

Safety:

Always wear gloves when working with these solutions. If you are spraying, wear eye protection. Do not get it on your skin or on other plants unless you plan on reversing them as well.

This is what I've been doing. I copy pasted it from an email I was sent by someone who has done it far more often than me and found this to be the easiest and most reliable method.
I knew you would help out. Doesn’t look that difficult now that I read it again. I thought there was some kind of bubbling or cooking involved maybe with a battery hooked to it. For some reason that’s what I remembered and thought it was to dangerous for me to try.

I knew you would help out. Doesn’t look that difficult now that I read it again. I thought there was some kind of bubbling or cooking involved maybe with a battery hooked to it. For some reason that’s what I remembered and thought it was to dangerous for me to try.
You can use electrolysis to make a solution containing silver ions, essentially colloidal silver. That does use a battery or a DC power supply.

It's not dangerous unless you use a strong acid to accelerate the process. It's also pretty simple, since you just need to connect the positive side of the battery to a piece of silver and drop the silver and negative lead into water.

I've never tried it for reversing female plants, but I've done it with other metals than silver and with ceramics for the purpose of electroplating. The process is very similar.

All turned out to be males. The one with the hair got droopy and is stunted it seems like, been 2 weeks so I'm done for a while until I can buy some seeds. Thinking about trying the Autos. Any recommends?

Got some more seeds popped and jumping, gonna have to get them potted soon. Thinking hard about upgrading my tent and just buying an extra 1000 w light. It'd be the cheapest route. Gonna go with the mother earth soil again and maybe happy frog if I run out of the other. All seeds except for 1 are from @bigsur51 seed cache. 2 of each variety I planted, 7/8 came up. They are looking good mane
Nice

Indeed, I'm gonna sell my tent and stuff, quit smoking for a bit and save some money. I'll buy a bigger tent and light later on and do some hard looking for some really good seeds in the meantime. Try to make my next go the best yet.

give me a holler when you get ready and I will get an assortment of beans together for ya

Latest posts

Back