1st Grow: Belladona & Lowryder#2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuy103

Praying for a female!
Reaction score
Sup everyone. This is the start of my first grow and I'm really excited. I got some Belladona seeds and I should have my Lowryder#2 very soon (Sometime next week).

I already germinated the Bell's and planted two seedlings, both outdoors. However, one's in a pot and the others directly in the ground. I know it's kind of too late in the year for the Bell's...but it's my first time so everything's trial and error right now. I'm really anxious to get my Lowryders because of the autoflowering ability. I can pretty much germ, plant, sit back and relax.:D I'm not concerned about yield or THC content. I just want to learn how to grow.:cool:

I'll post the pixs of the Bell's later today or tomorrow.
Thanks for reading.:)

I am very angry right now! I went to check on my little baby and it's gone:hairpull: I planted the thing on the Wednesday the 23rd and not even one week it's gone. I thought I had a good location but apprently not. I'm definately not going back there!

At first, I thought it was an animal or something. No animal tracks or any sign of my plant being eaten. Then, I was a little scared because I thought LEO or some nosy jerk/neighbor caught on and just destroyed it. Nope. There is a perfect circle where they dug up my plant and stole it. It's not like they ripped it out or tried to destroy it. It looks like it was carefully taken out of the ground.

It's time to look for a BETTER location. I'm angry that someone stole it, but I'm also angry at myself for not taking better precautions. It's time to look for a better location. ARGH!!!!!:hairpull: :hairpull: :hairpull:

UPDATE: After trying to find a new location and having my Bell's stolen, I've decided to grow indoors. With the help of this forum, I've decided on the lowryders.

Here's what I've done so far.
July 30th: Begin Germination stage
August 2nd: Planted seeds
August 6th: One plant is about 2-3 inches tall. The other plant is slowly catching up (about 1 inch tall)
***I'll post pictures later today

QUESTIONS: In the early stages, should I bother with Nutes/Ferts or should I just water my plants every couple of days?

I've been doing some research on this forum and learned that Nitrogen is primary for plant growth and Phsphorus is necessary for photosynthesis and helps build strong roots and is vital for flowering.
***Is there a certain ratio of N-P-K I should use in the early stages of growth?

Here are my little ones...

Plant 002.jpg

Plant 001.jpg

in veg stage i use a npk ratio of 15-30-15- diluted to 1/2 strenght but i did find my lowryders really disliked anything in veg ,
goodluck:tokie:

Hey cuy103..glad to see you have a journal going..sorry to hear of your plant being taken..that happens..just find a better spot...Heres some GREEN MOJO to help those little ones along..Keep us posted..and KEEP M GREEN

cuy103 said:
UPDATE: After trying to find a new location and having my Bell's stolen, I've decided to grow indoors. With the help of this forum, I've decided on the lowryders.

Here's what I've done so far.
July 30th: Begin Germination stage
August 2nd: Planted seeds
August 6th: One plant is about 2-3 inches tall. The other plant is slowly catching up (about 1 inch tall)
***I'll post pictures later today

QUESTIONS: In the early stages, should I bother with Nutes/Ferts or should I just water my plants every couple of days?

***Is there a certain ratio of N-P-K I should use in the early stages of growth?

hey my friend..thaught i would stop in again if you dont mind. and if you do well you cant remove it..:p ..lol

In the first 4-6 weeks I wouldnt use any nutes at all just PH water..(I use Distilled from food store)..and only when soil has dried out compleatly...not just the first few inches...you soil looks to be a bit wet..and i would like to know the soil of choice?

melissa...is a great resource on the low ryder ..she produced some quality bud..I would read up on her Grow journal...

okay now that your bringing them inside what is the grow area like? and how can we help to get them top notch..:cool:

well Take Care and be Safe...

KEEP M GREEN:D

4u2sm0ke said:
hey my friend..thaught i would stop in again if you dont mind. and if you do well you cant remove it..:p ..lol
-Thanks for taking an interest 4u2! I really appreciate the attention and help!!!

4u2sm0ke said:
In the first 4-6 weeks I wouldnt use any nutes at all just PH water..(I use Distilled from food store)..and only when soil has dried out compleatly...not just the first few inches...you soil looks to be a bit wet..and i would like to know the soil of choice?
-Good tip on using the distilled water. I've been using tap water. Apparently that's not a great idea. LOL. I'm def using distilled water from now on.
-My soil of choise isn't anything special. I went to my local home depot/lowes/wal-mart and picked up some regular gardening soil. Not the MG stuff because I've read that it has Nutes/Ferts in them and "we" didn't want that. So I picked up some perlite as well. I just mixed some regular old gardening soil with the perlite and there you have my soil mixture.
*I tried to find some earth worms from the ground because I heard they helped the soil but I didn't find any...LOL

4u2sm0ke said:
melissa...is a great resource on the low ryder ..she produced some quality bud..I would read up on her Grow journal...
-I completelty agree. Mel has been a great resource for help! I refer back to her grow journal almost everyday. LOL
-I also have to thank Thorn as well. His/Her grow journal has also been a great resource for help.
-THANKS MELISSA AND THORN!!! :D

4u2sm0ke said:
okay now that your bringing them inside what is the grow area like? and how can we help to get them top notch..:cool:
-Hrmm. My grow area will be a tight little space in my closet. I don't know the exact dimensions. I will measure and post them later today. And since I only have 2 plants, I think the space will be perfect. All the light will be just for them. :D
-I do have a MINOR concern. The plant in the orange pot is A LOT taller than the one in the green pot. Should I add more soil so the "stalk?" can get more nutrients from the soil???
EDIT: So I got the measurements for the room I'm growing in. The floor is about 26 inches x 26 inches and it's 60 inches tall (a little over 5 feet tall). You can see the pix below. I'm going to have one/two lights on the floor and one light hanging from above. So...what're everyone's thoughts?

4u2sm0ke said:
well Take Care and be Safe...

KEEP M GREEN:D

-Thanks again!!!!! :D

IMG_0528.JPG

IMG_0529.JPG

Oh man that bites!!!!!! They will get there own thats for sure.

Karma is a *****, and she packs heat :eek: people that steal esp things that are damn near free in nature should be flogged :D and put it on Pay Per View and give the offended the proceeds', but then again I think divorce should include a fight to the death. Well at least mine should have

Looking good my friend...that space will require 12000 lumes min...but you dont seem like the person that wants ..or settles for nothing but the best...and thats 20000 lumes..thats at 5000 lume a square foot...and when you Flower you will want no light leaking in at the door...How are we venting this space?....fresh air in (low) old air out (top)..Im sure you have read all this tho..so now Ill leave you to grow...be back when I can

OK everyone. Here are my pictures for Week 1.

The one in the orange pot is larger than the one in the green pot. There are only two pictures of the one in the green pot which is the one with the soil that looks "more wet."

What do you guys think?

**I'm moving these plants inside very soon, hopefully within the week. I decided on gettin 2 105Watt, 6,300Lumen, 6500K CFL's and 2 32Watt, 2,300Lumen, 2700K CFL's. That should give me around 17000-18000 total lumens. I have around 4 square feet so I should have around 16000-20000 total lumens....I think.**

Week1 003.jpg

Week1 002.jpg

Week1 004.jpg

Week1 005.jpg

Week1 006.jpg

Man those pics make me think I had a wand out of harry potter. Biggest Stickiest Buddis (Poof tiny plants are 3' tall ladden with 1.5 lbs of dry each) Damn i am good :eek::eek:

seems good to this rook. but ya seal off the light from that closet to the outside & make some ventilation. hps is much better for flower though and that puts off some heat. with that small of space you should have some type of air flow

Quick question about lighting.

I have both cool and warm lights and I will be using both as the same time. But the cool light, which is 105Watts, has a lumen output of 6,400 per light buld. And the other warm light, which is only 30-32Watts, has a lumen output of 2,300 per light bulb. That is a big difference but I figure since I'll be using them at the same time (to give me a total lumen output of about 17,400 Lumens) I'll be OK. *I bought the 105Watt because I needed about 15,000+ Lumens and I didn't have the room for 6+ CFL's in my room.

Is it OK for one type of CFL to have more than double the lumen output of the other CFL?

I think the ratio of warm and soft depends on if you are vegging or flowering your plants, Warm for flowering and cool for vegging. I believe that even though it may prevent you from obtaining maximum yield you should be fine. Then again I am a N00B:D:D

So, it's been two weeks since I planted my babies. I moved them inside about two days ago and the very bottom leaves have turned yellow. I'm not sure why they did. I think it's because the light was too close to the plant?...That and I'm using a regular household light bulb (for the time being, until I get my CFL's) They might be a little burned? Do they turn yellow from burning?

Anyway, here are some pix of week2. I'll post more pictures when I get better lighting.

*What does everyone think???

*BTW, the brown spots on the orange potted plant is just dirt. It rained hard the other day and dirt got all over the plant. The one in the green potted plant isn't ALL yellow, that's just the lighting. I'll post better pix later.

Week2 001.jpg

Week2 002.jpg

Do these plants look small at two weeks old???

I think I'm freakin out a little:eek: ...someone re-assure me please...LOL:D

Anyone? I'm a little worried because I've seen other AF plants at 19 days, 16 days, 21 days and they are all huge compared to mine.

Latest posts

Back